• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is a historic walk?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 3) was an historic walk
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I don't think a walk to the shops could be described as historic in that sense, as the purpose of the walk was to get booze and fags, not historical culture.
      It would be historic if I came back without booze and fags
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I did a historic walk of 8 miles in Malham today

Feck fat !

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. Like so much in English there are shades and nuances and I have it solved now.

Changing "walk" to "event" wasn't too helpful, sorry Suity, but I do appreciate the thought. And you misspelled "semantic"

It's my opinion that a walk can be historic if the walk I will do will go down in history, or if the walk has already gone down in history and I'm repeating it. I'm 50/50 with MS that a walk can also be historic if there is lots of historical stuff along the way.

Ta muchly!

Comment

Historic Walks | The Official Globe Trekker WebsiteThe Official Globe Trekker Website

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Thanks for your thoughts. Like so much in English there are shades and nuances and I have it solved now.

Changing "walk" to "event" wasn't too helpful, sorry Suity, but I do appreciate the thought. And you misspelled "semantic"

It's my opinion that a walk can be historic if the walk I will do will go down in history, or if the walk has already gone down in history and I'm repeating it. I'm 50/50 with MS that a walk can also be historic if there is lots of historical stuff along the way.

Ta muchly!
              You read that tulipe!

Erm, ok.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Good find. I recant.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You read that tulipe!

Erm, ok.

Comment

That seems to have settled the meaning of "historic walk".

So now what is a British POW camp? Is it a camp in Britain for foreign POWs, or a camp overseas for British POWs?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    That seems to have settled the meaning of "historic walk".

So now what is a British POW camp? Is it a camp in Britain for foreign POWs, or a camp overseas for British POWs?
                    It is called something else in Yorkshire -> Scunthorpe.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      I think 3) was an historic walk
                      I thought that too - an historic walk, but when I googled it, it suggested that "a" is correct if the H is pronounced.

Comment

Working...
                      X