• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Office Euros?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Got to get some Euros for my trip to Riga, and thence to a Russian gulag probably, where do you lot get yours from. I've always used the Post Office, decent rates and dead handy.
    If you're in the City go to Best Foreign Exchange on Cannon street (book online before collecting - I think they will also deliver which is even more convenient than Tesco...)

Currently 5c better than the post office, which saves fifty quid on a grand. Rather in my pocket than someone else's

Or if you change serious amounts, open an account with HiFX

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      You however pay tax on it. Some of us don't !
      How do you sleep at night depriving all those public sector workers of their entitlements? Shame on you!
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        I just use a cashpoint when I arrive.
        Is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          How do you sleep at night depriving all those public sector workers of their entitlements? Shame on you!
          A pot sat on Suity. And Suity sat on a kettle ....

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            I just use a cashpoint when I arrive.

I really can't be arsed working out the difference in exchange rate vs commission fees for the various different places, when the end result is likely to be a few pounds maximum.
            Same here. Unless you're planning to buy a helicopter, what's the point in even worrying about it.

The one time you lose the envelope of Euros that you collected from the Post Office to save yourself £4 will wipe out all the £4 savings you made on every trip for your whole existence on this planet.

Comment

I use FairFX. Some I put on a prepaid CC, the rest in cash. Prompt service and a good rate.

As a family holiday costs around 2k for a fortnight (I have access to a villa in Spain owned by a friend) for car rental, food, meals out and entertainment / shopping I find using a UK card just whacks on charges on top of a poor exchange rate.
              Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Working...
              X