• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dying people's top 5 regrets revealed and they may just change your life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9) I should have gone for the one with the big t*ts

just for completeness obviously

Comment

10) Sasguru

Wish I hadn't flounced
      Last edited by Unix; 20 March 2015, 09:56.

Comment

11) Wish I'd spent more time on CUK
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          This is why I never understand those contractors with a mindset they have to end one contract on a friday and start another on the monday.

When you're on your deathbed guys, you'll wonder why you bothered.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

12) I wish i hadn't shaved my balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Can I take over your mod job now you have achieved self actualization and nirvana?
              You're too consistent, even-handed and fair.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                This is why I never understand those contractors with a mindset they have to end one contract on a friday and start another on the monday.

When you're on your deathbed guys, you'll wonder why you bothered.
                Yeah, I agree. Time to chill, time to meet friends, time to do those things you can't do 9-5.

I've got some downtime after a chunk of work, I'm not going on an expensive holiday but enjoying cooking at home, cycling, walking with GF#1 on her mid week days off. Just enjoying my life.

I think fear may be a factor - the conditioned feeling that you're not earning and it feels wrong somehow.

And also the aftermath of a costly divorce. That keeps you fiscally focussed!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I think your right when you say there is a fear factor. I'm the first one to preach all of that and to enjoy life while you can etc etc

I am working towards having more 'My' time inbetween contracts but my first hurdle menatlly is I never feel i have enough money and its 'just a bit more' I need before that will be comfortable. Then I know the hardest mental hurlde will be when I'm off and thinking how the money is not being replaced if its getting used. You do get conditioned it seems whether you like it or not.

Comment

When my final hour is at hand I know I'll regret not spending more time in the office

Think how much extra I could have billed for those days I took off!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's hardly a revelatory list.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X