• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PR Disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR Disaster

Ms Hewitt is heard to say: "The idea is we overcharge them slightly, because that's the way we repatriate it."
    A member of the hotel staff replies: "3,150, is that all right? Yeah, if you're all right with that? Is that enough for you?"
    Ms Hewitt then says: "Oh God yeah, that's more than enough."
    BBC News - Nigel Farage: UKIP Janice Atkinson allegations 'couldn't look worse'
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Hell yeh. Not as if we've ever had any fiddling Tory/Labour/Lib Dem people is it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Hell yeh. Not as if we've ever had any fiddling Tory/Labour/Lib Dem people is it?
      Fair point, however none of them run on a platform of withdrawal from the EU due to, amongst other things, massive corruption amongst its bureaucrats ....

Now I am just a humourless leftie but I find the irony hilarious
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

There's a Tumblr: How Many UKIP Suspensions?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There's a Tumblr: How Many UKIP Suspensions?
          Saw that this morning, there's also the definitive guide to kipper racists, sexists, homophobes, benefit haters, anti-semites, islamophobes and extremists: https://angrymeditations.wordpress.c...nd-extremists/
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

And here's the reason for the latest suspension (wasn't she already being investigated?)

Mind you, who hasn't put in over inflated expenses receipts?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thing is this is hardly uncommon. I bet a fair number of MP's and Aides will be tulipting themselves when they read this. I know contractors let alone permies that does this as well.

It's not going to really affect UKIP though. Their core voters are voting for an ideology and a chance to stick send a message to the main parties. Most don't really believe the will hold much power so the honesty of their MP's isn't as big an issue as a Con/Lab MP doing this. They have a chance to get in to power so the fact their are a thieving set of scumbags is an issue to most of their voters.

I'd be interested to see if this is just the aides fault or Janice is behind it. My first thought was that is was a bit strong to suspend the MP as well but is the PR face. Be interesting to see if she condoned this type of action.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Some other scandals: One surrounding SNP. Another for the Lib Dems.

But some people only see purple.

The media is still so deluded as to think that this constant barrage of personal attacks, e.g. against UKIP members or Miliband, or whomever, remains effective. Personally, I consider it rather petty and pathetic, and distracting from what should be the focus. At least UKIP - and to give them credit, the SNP - remove these individuals when such suspicions become apparent. How did the three main parties react to the MP expenses scandal, exactly?
                Last edited by Zero Liability; 21 March 2015, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Thing is this is hardly uncommon. I bet a fair number of MP's and Aides will be tulipting themselves when they read this. I know contractors let alone permies that does this as well.

It's not going to really affect UKIP though. Their core voters are voting for an ideology and a chance to stick send a message to the main parties. Most don't really believe the will hold much power so the honesty of their MP's isn't as big an issue as a Con/Lab MP doing this. They have a chance to get in to power so the fact their are a thieving set of scumbags is an issue to most of their voters.

I'd be interested to see if this is just the aides fault or Janice is behind it. My first thought was that is was a bit strong to suspend the MP as well but is the PR face. Be interesting to see if she condoned this type of action.
                  Agreed, however voting for Ukip...

Comment

Clearly not what the Tory party apparatchiks think, considering how their policies keep evolving to avoid voter defection to UKIP...

Comment

Working...
                    X