• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New role - Permi mentality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New role - Permi mentality

So, starting a new role on Monday (actually looking forward to it), going direct with client but starting to receive links to surveys that are obviously for permi's.

Now I know the general consensus regarding this. We shouldn't need to do them as we are not employees. However, In order to not piss the client off I'm considering doing the surveys just to keep things sweet. I'm pretty sure they will just see this as me being awkward for no reason... I know on the off chance of an investigation this might be a negative pointer to IR35 but in the context of the contract (which is being reviewed by Bauer and Cottrell) overall I'm thinking this is low risk... Any one out there with comments or been in this situation before?

If they are links to things like anti fraud policy, h&S etc don't see them as IR35 pointers. If it is to vote what will be on the canteen's menu next week, yes they are

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      If they are links to things like anti fraud policy, h&S etc don't see them as IR35 pointers. If it is to vote what will be on the canteen's menu next week, yes they are
      Unfortunately its not anti fraud, H&S etc its things to get to know who you are, strengths etc. Permi fluff..

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        Unfortunately its not anti fraud, H&S etc its things to get to know who you are, strengths etc. Permi fluff..
        A polite decline, is the way to go!

Comment

My opinion - fill them in.

If you kick off and refuse you end up looking like you think your something special. Clients don't like this.

Unless its a BIG IR35 thing go with the flow.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            Decline politely, pointing out you are not a Client Co. employee but a supplier.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Are they anonymous surveys?

Is there any scope for adding comments, "handy for permies but not really suitable for third parties like myself" etc
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Decline politely, pointing out you are not a Client Co. employee but a supplier.
                This. Also qualify why.. For example they may use this portal to source internally skilled resources for future projects. Point out you won't be available anyway so a waste of everyone's time. Prove its pointless and they won't peruse it IMO.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  This. Also qualify why.. For example they may use this portal to source internally skilled resources for future projects. Point out you won't be available anyway so a waste of everyone's time. Prove its pointless and they won't peruse it IMO.
                  yeah this.

It is just someone in HR with to much time on their hands and a directive to 'improve employee engagement'

so to do that they send links with lots of questions in to improve employee engagement - or just piss the few hardworking ones of with more work while the majority will use it as a platform to air their pointless petty minded little niggles.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    yeah this.

It is just someone in HR with to much time on their hands and a directive to 'improve employee engagement'

so to do that they send links with lots of questions in to improve employee engagement - or just piss the few hardworking ones of with more work while the majority use it as an excuse for delivering late.
                    FTFY
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X