• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Efterling v Disney Land Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a couple (actually there's a few including a Legoland) of good ones in Germany:

Phantasialand
    Europapark
    and my favourite, Movie Park (Warner Brothers)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      FFS, you are contractors, flight to Florida.
      Nah, I was a contractor - now I am bone idle permie scum (as opposed to bone idle contractor scum).
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        FFS, you are contractors, flight to Florida.
        we might meet MF
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I went to Efteling when I was a teenager, it was the last holiday I had in Germany before my parents were posted back to the UK.

It was fabulous.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Efteling was amazing, went here for NYE 2013/14 on MUN's suggestion (thanks again! ) My daughter was only 3 at the time but she still talks about it now.

There were no queues at all during the day and lots for littler ones to do, I think Disney is maybe better for the slightly older kids?

We spent NYE in the park with all the food tents doing champagne, they had a huge stage with both DJ and live acts in the middle, and the water fountain/light show was dreamy.

For 2 nights in the Village was only €500 for the three of us, B & B. Food in the main park was lovely and not expensive at all.

But I haven't been to Disneyland Paris so cant really compare

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at IPAYE View Post
              Efteling was amazing, went here for NYE 2013/14 on MUN's suggestion (thanks again! ) My daughter was only 3 at the time but she still talks about it now.
              I am so glad your daughter enjoyed it!!!

Comment

weeeelll doing Disney Florida this Easter -- should be fun.

Did Disney Paris about 8 years back it was okay kids liked it - we saw some characters but .....

A top tip is to book into the on park restaurants (do it early they fill up quick) and the characters come around - and whilst the kids are waiting they can eat - which then leaves you to enjoy the park without spending hours queuing to see someone in a costume.

Oh and they speak French because it is in France - if you go to Alton Towers you will get nowt but English spoken in a Stoke accent.

Have not done the one in Germany but have done Asterix park which is also near Paris - cheaper than Disney and a better day out I reckon - especially if the kids are a but older.

But up to you really!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Is this the hotel? Stay in the village instead, much cheaper and just as good IMHO.
                  Yeah Hotel, i shall investigate the village

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Oh and they speak French because it is in France - if you go to Alton Towers you will get nowt but English spoken in a Stoke accent.
                    And if you go to the Efteling you will get nothing but Dutch, English or (depending on the person) French\German.

You can get away with just speaking English in British tourist destinations because most European tourists speak, at least, passable English.

We tried to learn as much French as we could before going but when you are trying to say "We bought these vouchers as part of our booking, can we use them in the restaurants down the road? We used our breakfast ones there but they refused the lunchtime ones so we are a little confused about the system" when you are in a busy restaurant with no web access and a queue forming behind you because the English speaking cashier (as in she spoke English to us previously when we ordered something else) refuses to answer you unless you ask in French things get a little difficult.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    But up to you really!!
                    Thanks for clarifying that!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      And if you go to the Efteling you will get nothing but Dutch, English or (depending on the person) French\German.

You can get away with just speaking English in British tourist destinations because most European tourists speak, at least, passable English.

We tried to learn as much French as we could before going but when you are trying to say "We bought these vouchers as part of our booking, can we use them in the restaurants down the road? We used our breakfast ones there but they refused the lunchtime ones so we are a little confused about the system" when you are in a busy restaurant with no web access and a queue forming behind you because the English speaking cashier (as in she spoke English to us previously when we ordered something else) refuses to answer you unless you ask in French things get a little difficult.

Thanks for clarifying that!
                      "Nous avons acheté ces bons dans le cadre de notre réservation, nous pouvons les utiliser dans les restaurants sur la route? Nous avons utilisé nos hôtes ceux là, mais ils ont refusé celles midi donc nous sommes un peu confus sur le système"

However having said that you could have that problem at Alton Towers and speak in English and get the same slack jawed look...

AT Asterix world it is all French too..

Comment

Working...
                      X