• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I've never really played. Is there anywhere online where one can learn the game? Or is it better to get some software? Probably best of all to have someone teach me but I don't know anyone that plays.
    To get any good you really have to spend time reading book. Learning openings etc.
    Apart from that chess.com is good. Or was - i haven't looked in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      From The Automated Chess Rating Utility

However I don't really have any idea what that means (let alone how accurate that little test is) as I know absolutely nothing about chess ratings. Is this the standard system or is FIDE different?
      I thought ELO was obsolete these days? I was 1480 ish as a young teenager. Online i tended to score much higher because a lot of people don't take it seriously and you skim a few points overtime someone gets bored half way through.

Comment

Working...
      X