• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day rate

What's your minimum day rate? I've just been offered some work at £550 pd but it's far less than my usual rate - is it worth it?
    I've only been on the bench for two days so thinking I should hold out for more?
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Day does not mean anything until you consider what of that rate you need to spend in order to obtain it. i.e. profit.

For that rate I'd work from home.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
      What's your minimum day rate? I've just been offered some work at £550 pd but it's far less than my usual rate - is it worth it?
      I've only been on the bench for two days so thinking I should hold out for more?
      Impress us with your "warchest"

Comment

Only if you send in an offshore sub at £150 pd.

Comment

What's your minimum day rate?
          I tried, but MF's wife won't pay me more than £100 pd

Comment

Absolutely. You're worth it. What do these idiots know? I mean, it only took you a few minutes to set this crappy sockie up, so why not big yourself up on a contractor forum. Nobodies going to twig you're really a second line support techie on a helpdesk on 8 quid an hour, so **** it, big it up and hold out for more. If Santa and the tooth fairy can do it, so you can you.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

One million dollars.

I propose "flaccid" as your new username.

Comment

If the technology was really interesting and the job local then I might be interested. If I was benched for more than 6 months (as in I had been trying for 6 months to get a gig) then I might think about a 550 but otherwise it would not be worth my time.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

WGAS
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Beyond the dreams of avarice

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X