• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tumbleweed moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was a bloody date with a lass who had a 10 year old son but hadn't updated that bit on her online profile. In some sort of context I told her that I hate fecking kids. Never heard from her again.

Comment

My brother had his beloved dog and family pet at the vets for some routine operation, and we three bros where all at his house when he called the vets to check on how it went.

My other bro announced loudly and jokingly 'I bet it's dead!!'

It was.......

Same bro when about 14 walked into our kitchen where I was sitting with my mother and her best mate Dorothy, just chatting. He rolled in pissed-up on Cider, and announced "Mum, do you know what I do in my room? I WANK!!' and bounced up the stairs cutting both his elbows to shreds on the wall/banister due to his pronounced lack of stability....

To our Phil, legend........

(He's not dead BTW)

Another one with 'Our Phil' was when I took my then 17 yo Son to visit him (both guitar freaks) to cheer my lad up after he'd been dumped by his first girlfriend. I told our Phil not to mention it cos he's was very upset and emotional over it. We walk in and our Phil immediately announces 'Women Sean, fūck 'em...'

Cue son exiting house in tears.......

To our Phil, insensitive oaf......
      Last edited by stek; 2 April 2015, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        My brother had his beloved dog and family pet at the vets for some routine operation, and we three bros where all at his house when he called the vets to check on how it went.

My other bro announced loudly and jokingly 'I bet it's dead!!'

It was.......

Same bro when about 14 walked into our kitchen where I was sitting with my mother and her best mate Dorothy, just chatting. He rolled in pissed-up on Cider, and announced "Mum, do you know what I do in my room? I WANK!!' and bounced up the stairs cutting both his elbows to shreds on the wall/banister due to his pronounced lack of stability....

To our Phil, legend........

(He's not dead BTW)

Another one with 'Our Phil' was when I took my then 17 yo Son to visit him (both guitar freaks) to cheer my lad up after he'd been dumped by his first girlfriend. I told our Phil not to mention it cos he's was very upset and emotional over it. We walk in and our Phil immediately announces 'Women Sean, fūck 'em...'

Cue son exiting house in tears.......

To our Phil, insensitive oaf......
        That's Bolton for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          That's Bolton for you.
          Can't argue with that TBH.....

Comment

I once tried chatting up a jewish girl with a jewish joke. Not an unpleasant one, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Did that back in the mid 80s but was a joke about disabled kids to a guy I found out had a disabled daughter. I though his reaction was a bit cool. Fair play to him for not kicking off
              I once made a joke about Downs Syndrome's roller skaters on a contractor website. Fook me that went down well.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Also, once went to a dinner party, where before arriving I was told, 'Whatever you do, don't mention suicide, the host's husband recently killed himself and she's very sensitive to it, this is her first party since'

Oh it was all going swimmingly well, laughing, joking, talking about music and then I mentioned a song by some artist (I forget who). 'Oh I loved that song, whatever happened to him....', 'Oh he killed himself' I replied without thinking.

Dong. Party over.

Comment

In response to Stek. (You're bring back the memories now).

Would have been about 14 around at a friends house with some mates, when his older brother who would have been 16 turned up a little worse for wear early one evening. Said siblings mouthed off at each other in front of their mum, before my mate shafts his older brother my saying 'But mum he's been shagging X and she's only 13'

'WHAT!!!!' comes the shocked shout from the mum, to which the 16 year old replies 'What! What's your problem??? I used a condom!!!'

And that's when the rest of us left....

Comment

Working...
                  X