• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's quite a shame that UKIP can't actually take outright power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    SNP are likely to get in so you will be alright.
    I'm actually quite serious.
    Having UKIP in power would make politics interesting and be an endless laugh.
    Are you a loser?
    Didn't do too well at school?
    Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
    No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      For the click-averse, my link was a story about the time the BBC set up a poll box for people to record pro-and anti- Farage votes. It happened to be outside Westminster Cathedral. Nige's local party tweeted something along the lines of 'Typical BBC bias, polling outside a Mosque', leading to a Twitter hashtag #ThingsthatarenotMosques

The context being the thread topic of UKIP incompetence. More funny than profound, you could probably have got the gist from the title and it took me longer to explain than post. I am a bit thick, but I'm also lazy.
      link or it didn't happen
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
        Oh I don't know, some people would think a 6% unemployment rate and falling,.
        The drop in unemployment, from its post-financial crisis peak, is an unreservedly good thing, especially as it includes a drop in youth unemployment, and a rise in real pay, though I notice that when you remove bonuses, pay growth is a modest 1.7%, perhaps indicating that the fruits of recovery are not being shared exactly equally.

But, to be fair, good job. If the decline continues we'll soon be back to the previous low of the Blair/Brown years, though I doubt we'll see again the levels the country experienced under Heath/Callaghan.

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Last edited by pjclarke; 9 April 2015, 12:22. Reason: Irony failure

Comment

Whenever we've had an election here, there has always been a big banner nearby that says "Vote BNP".

This is the first time in the twelve years that I've lived here that it hasn't been there.

Instead, it says "Vote UKIP" this time round
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
              Oh I don't know, some people woul think a 6% unemployment rate and falling, the highest growth rate in Europe, a start made on improving the education system, to be a fair achievement by the Tories, hobbled as they have been by Clegg and his useless acolytes.

I just think they are all completely useless tw*ts who are all in it for themselves and no one else.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                The drop in unemployment, from its post-financial crisis peak, is an unreservedly good thing, especially as it includes a drop in youth unemployment, and a rise in real pay, though I notice that when you remove bonuses, pay growth is a modest 1.7%, perhaps indicating that the fruits of recovery are not being shared exactly equally.

But, to be fair, good job. If the decline continues we'll soon be back to the previous low of the Blair/Brown years, though I doubt we'll see again the levels the country experienced under Heath/Callaghan.

How many of those drops in unemployment are due to people being forced into self-employment on zero hours contracts?

I think it's one of the main reasons PCG changed their name to appeal to all those new SE people that the Coalition created.

Comment

Considering the coalition were on target to get rid of 1 million public sector workers this term the unemployment rate is quite an achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Whenever we've had an election here, there has always been a big banner nearby that says "Vote BNP".

This is the first time in the twelve years that I've lived here that it hasn't been there.

Instead, it says "Vote UKIP" this time round

UKIP and the BNP - What's the difference? | Ekklesia

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                      How many of those drops in unemployment are due to people being forced into self-employment on zero hours contracts?

I think it's one of the main reasons PCG changed their name to appeal to all those new SE people that the Coalition created.
                      Self Employment is a chunk of the rise ...

I haven't seen an analysis of how many are low-end insecure, as opposed to shiny, sexy Contractor roles.

Comment

Working...
                      X