• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still at Stansted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton to Dortmand - then a train to Cologne. No point living there if you're not going to use its one main benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Wow, fantastic. I'll just work Antipodian hours, and get Germany to do so as well. Thanks bud

I was merely pointing out that you can still fly from Gatwick to Cologne with easyjet.

You arrive in the afternoon, work late each day to make up your hours, and then leave at a reasonable hour on the Friday.

Oh - and it's Antipodean by the way.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Judging by the sample on this forum, the Germans seems to be mopping up all our muppet contractors.
        What must their IT people be like, if they're that desperate?
        Last edited by Euler; 13 April 2015, 11:45.
        Are you a loser?
        Didn't do too well at school?
        Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
        No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
          Judging by the sample on this forum, the Germans seems to be mopping up all our muppet contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
            Oi
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have the laptop on charge, iPhone on charge and have just bought a day's wifi access at the airport. So no fear bud, streaming this tulip to you live.
              Bought a days wifi access at the airport !!! Dont you have a mobile broadband ?

£15/month with Three for 10G data connected via a mifi hub. Then the phone/tablet and laptop can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                Luton to Dortmand - then a train to Cologne. No point living there if you're not going to use its one main benefit.
                Takes too long on a Monday. Land at 09:20 then catch the bus to Dortmund Hpf (30 mins plus waiting time)
                ICE to Koeln 1:40. Then change to Bonn. Then Ubahn to work. Over 3 hrs travelling and won't get into Work until after 12.

Ryanscare 07:55 to Koeln arr 10:55, taxi to work there by 11:30.

Or not

Edit : And I'm not living there
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Bought a days wifi access at the airport !!! Dont you have a mobile broadband ?

£15/month with Three for 10G data connected via a mifi hub. Then the phone/tablet and laptop can use it.
                  No as I change countries quite often. Can you recommend one that does both Germany and UK for that price?

Comment

I have the laptop on charge, iPhone on charge and have just bought a day's wifi access at the airport. So no fear bud, streaming this tulip to you live.
                    So you're...spending the day at the airport?
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      So you're...spending the day at the airport?
                      Aye

Then flying to Cologne this evening

Comment

Working...
                      X