• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still at Stansted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still at Stansted

Arrived he this morning at 5:55 am. Checked in, cleared security, checked my gate info, wandered off to the gate and sat in departures. Departures was heaving so I had to sit at the back quite far from the screens but at least I was in the right place.

Wrong. I started to get an uneasy feeling I might be at the wrong gate when I didn't hear any calls for Cologne. So I went to investigate. Along with 39 other passengers that were also in the wrong place.

You see it turns out that there are TWO flights to Cologne from Stansted at the same time. One with GermanWings and one with Ryanair.

They are in completely different terminal and once you have gone to the wrong terminal it's too late. You have to try all 8 emergency phones until you find one that works and then they arrange for a bus to come and pick you up and drive you to the correct terminal. This bus only holds 13 so on a first come first serve basis 13 are on the last of these.

I arrived at the correct terminal, to be told that the flight had since departed. 13 very pissed off passengers asking why they were ferried there in the first place.

The Ryanair customer services were very helpful

1 - It's not their fault 39 passengers read the departures board wrong.
    2 - This happens every day and they're sick of it.
    3 - It's Stansted's problem.

So I'm stuck here until tonight when I can get the next flight out.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Do you go to wrong terminal every week ?

Comment

Another reason for the Germans not to hire unreliable contractors from abroad

Did you say that they extended you recently?

Comment

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          Do you go to wrong terminal every week ?
          Normally I fly from Gatwick with Easyjet, but without so much as an announcement they cancelled the route. This is my first time through Stansted with Ryanair.

Comment

You are sort of halfway between Frank Spencer and Victor Meldrew aren't you Suity?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Normally I fly from Gatwick with Easyjet, but without so much as an announcement they cancelled the route. This is my first time through Stansted with Ryanair.
              So once a month with Ryanair you won't get to work or home

Do the maths again and factor in a proper airline - I learnt this lesson many years ago

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You are sort of halfway between Frank Spencer and Victor Meldrew aren't you Suity?
                Me and the other 39 passengers? Are you also factoring in the passengers that get duped on other days? There's a few of us, with big pitchforks. Now bend over wouldya

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Me and the other 39 passengers? Are you also factoring in the passengers that get duped on other days? There's a few of us, with big pitchforks. Now bend over wouldya
                  Were you all given a complementary sandwich and orange juice?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Were you all given a complementary sandwich and orange juice?
                    No only complimentary abuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X