• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories taking the lead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories taking the lead

Or is it another blip in the polls

Conservatives take six-point lead in Guardian/ICM poll | Politics | The Guardian

So the party of money printing, no border controls, EU love-in are beating the party of money printing, no border controls, EU love-in?

Great news!

Comment

Made a similar post meself re poll oscillations last week but then it was only 4% lead. As a chemical engineer who used to deal with industrial control systems I am starting to get the feeling that this is like a poorly tuned control system that is oscillating increasingly wildly. Give it a few weeks and polls will be swinging from +100% to -100%. We will get either a commons that is entirely Tory or entirely Labour.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Made a similar post meself re poll oscillations last week but then it was only 4% lead. As a chemical engineer who used to deal with industrial control systems I am starting to get the feeling that this is like a poorly tuned control system that is oscillating increasingly wildly. Give it a few weeks and polls will be swinging from +100% to -100%. We will get either a commons that is entirely Tory or entirely Labour.
        Bring on the toffs!
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I'm sure Euler can explain exactly how much variance we can expect between polls without it actually meaning anything.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I'm sure Euler can explain exactly how much variance we can expect between polls without it actually meaning anything.
            It's not a trivial task to create a poll-aggregation model like Nate Silver who predicted Obama's win - would probably take months.
            Interetsing project i agree ...
            Are you a loser?
            Didn't do too well at school?
            Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
            No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
              It's not a trivial task to create a poll-aggregation model like Nate Silver who predicted Obama's win - would probably take months.
              Interetsing project i agree ...
              Sasguru could do it in a day

Comment

The closest thing i found to a poll aggregator is this, although details of data sources are sparse.

More or less concludes what most people think i.e. Tories will win more seats but not by enough to form a clear majority:

ElectionForecast.co.uk
                Are you a loser?
                Didn't do too well at school?
                Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
                No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Icm got both the euro and 2010 elections right compared to other firms.

Supposedly they are better at correctly weighting those people who are likely to vote against those who claim they will vote and then don't
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Almost certainly an errant poll. Remember that sampling variability may be represented in terms of a certain expectation w/r to a level of confidence, but an individual poll can fall outside this expectation and still not represent an actual shift. IIRC there was a poll showing a 6 point lead for Labour a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X