• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultants vs contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flamel View Post
    A lot of contractors are ex-consultants (I was with Big 4 for many years for example), so the client gets a good service for far less money..
    Bah ha ha ha! Or, they get the same drivel for far less money.

Ex big four.

Shudder.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Consultants bring business skills and understanding in addition to technical expertise. Contractors bring a specific expertise.
      I would class myself as a consultant, and this is exactly what I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        .... they get the same drivel for far less money.
        LOL

Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
          A lot of contractors are ex-consultants (I was with Big 4 for many years for example), so the client gets a good service for far less money. Plus there's no partnership politics to deal with and the clients don't have to pay for partner visits etc etc.
          Wipro, Tata, InfoSys or Tech Mahindra?

Comment

Working...
          X