• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can one lone trader at home achieve?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    The guy's a one man band day trader, operating out of his spare bedroom. How can he have multi million admin costs and £2m on capex?

I'm doing something wrong, I just claim for train fare and a new lappy every couple of years ....
    Its not like HMRC are going to chase him is it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was wondering if we agents could use a similar method for buying and selling contractors
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He is an inspiration to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I was wondering if we agents could use a similar method for buying and selling contractors
          Similar to what? Fraud?

Comment

yes and lets be honest none of the big companies ever manipulate the market to their own advantage...

oh hang on of course they f**king do.

Sorry but for me this guy was a bit dodgy and played it a bit smart

the only reason he is being pursued is because he made the big boys look stupid

shocking witch hunt imho

although obviously HMRC should be interested in where all the companies money has gone.

Comment

I do sometimes change my mind for legitimate reasons when trading..

"Spoofing .. The tactic was outlawed in the 2010 Dodd-Frank regulation, but, as with other forms of fraud, it's hard to prove the trader's intent – in this case, the intent to cancel the order. Prosecutors must prove the trader didn't change his or her mind for legitimate reasons after placing the trade."

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

"Spoofing .. The tactic was outlawed in the 2010 Dodd-Frank regulation, but, as with other forms of fraud, it's hard to prove the trader's intent – in this case, the intent to cancel the order. Prosecutors must prove the trader didn't change his or her mind for legitimate reasons after placing the trade."
                simple where it has occurred reverse any profitable trades by the trader on those stocks in the next 7 days.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Similar to what? Fraud?
                  You are a commodity so please do not answer back.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

If the trader did change his mind for legitimate reasons then it should be easy enough to convince the judge, i.e. a cancelled order placed on behalf of a client, a price move (not to do with your "spoof").

If this isn't legitimate it's hard to think some logical reason up, especially when this is systematic. You won't be prosecuted because you cancelled one order.

You can't just say "it was legitimate m'lud" he wants to hear your reasoning. But if you're spoofing there probably won't be one. I mean if he can think up a good story and back it up with a bit of evidence then yes he gets off.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Flash Crash trader Navinder Singh Sarao 'a prankster who always got away with it', friends say - Telegraph

On the one hand he is an idiot who deserves to go to the States. On the other hand the States misuse extradition treaties. I want both sides to lose!

Comment

Working...
                      X