• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract map of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract map of the UK

Hi folks,
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across a contract map of the UK. A sort of heat map if you like, showing the hotspots around the country where there tends to be a hive of contract activity?

cheers
    b.

One on ipse web page in the past was a cracker, have a look in not sure if still there on new site

Comment

Originally posted by baronne View Post
      Hi folks,
      I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across a contract map of the UK. A sort of heat map if you like, showing the hotspots around the country where there tends to be a hive of contract activity?

cheers
      b.
      There used to be a really cool site Tracked Locations :: jobstats.co.uk

Which had all of the data you wanted, location, skills etc, It snapshotted Jobserve and was a great tool. It was purchased by someone part-time cretinous Suitytype code hacker from this site a number of years ago & has since died a death.

"Unfortunately this version of the site did not quite go to plan! As you may be aware the graphs and data on the site died a couple of years ago. I got involved in a couple of other interesting projects and these have shown me some lovely open source tools for managing the large volumes of data that are in this site. We plan to start work on the new version in the next couple of weeks and expect to have a new version of the site up and running in the summer. Thanks for your continued interest in the site"

Here's looking at you A!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          There used to be a really cool site Tracked Locations :: jobstats.co.uk ..
          You'd think the daft twat would have thought of having letter tabs along the top of the "All Tracked Locations" to locate towns, instead of numbers
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            You'd think the daft twat would have thought of having letter tabs along the top of the "All Tracked Locations" to locate towns, instead of numbers
            CUK has gone downhill ever since he bought it as well.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              ^This

Comment

Knees Up Muvva Brahhn
                Knees Up Muvva Brahhn

Once you've perfected the above and instinctively say "cawse" instead of "yes", we might let you in. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some eels to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The red dot is too large - should be more of a pin-prick in diameter over London
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Contract Hotspots outside of London

Anywhere north of Birmingham, forget it unless you like Public Sector, <£200 a day caught by IR35 contracts, working for some Labour loving left wing gimp.

In Wales there's Cardiff and Swansea, low rates, generally crap. Even the Bob's won't work there.

Cheltenham because of GCHQ and a few other IT companies.

Cambridge, high tech, mini hotspot, but you'll need a PhD just to have the agent put you forward.

M4 Corridor from London, covering Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Oxford, Newbury, Swindon, Bath/Chippenham and Bristol. Plenty of contracts along there. Average rates though.

Deep south - Portsmouth/Southampton, Exeter, Plymouth

That's about it. To sum it up, only London is a true hotspot, with plenty of work and good rates. Everywhere else is generally meh.

Comment

Working...
                    X