Contract map of the UK Contract map of the UK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12

Still gathering requirements...

baronne is too good to be a permie

Default Contract map of the UK

Hi folks,
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across a contract map of the UK. A sort of heat map if you like, showing the hotspots around the country where there tends to be a hive of contract activity?

cheers
    b.

Banned

tarbera is NOT a disguised employee

One on ipse web page in the past was a cracker, have a look in not sure if still there on new site

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by baronne View Post
    Hi folks,
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across a contract map of the UK. A sort of heat map if you like, showing the hotspots around the country where there tends to be a hive of contract activity?

cheers
    b.
    There used to be a really cool site Tracked Locations :: jobstats.co.uk

Which had all of the data you wanted, location, skills etc, It snapshotted Jobserve and was a great tool. It was purchased by someone part-time cretinous Suitytype code hacker from this site a number of years ago & has since died a death.

"Unfortunately this version of the site did not quite go to plan! As you may be aware the graphs and data on the site died a couple of years ago. I got involved in a couple of other interesting projects and these have shown me some lovely open source tools for managing the large volumes of data that are in this site. We plan to start work on the new version in the next couple of weeks and expect to have a new version of the site up and running in the summer. Thanks for your continued interest in the site"

Here's looking at you A!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    There used to be a really cool site Tracked Locations :: jobstats.co.uk ..
    You'd think the daft twat would have thought of having letter tabs along the top of the "All Tracked Locations" to locate towns, instead of numbers
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You'd think the daft twat would have thought of having letter tabs along the top of the "All Tracked Locations" to locate towns, instead of numbers
    CUK has gone downhill ever since he bought it as well.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    ^This
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

Fingers like lightning

Jubber is good enough for Jehovah!

Knees Up Muvva Brahhn
    Knees Up Muvva Brahhn

Once you've perfected the above and instinctively say "cawse" instead of "yes", we might let you in. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some eels to eat.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    The red dot is too large - should be more of a pin-prick in diameter over London
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Default Contract Hotspots outside of London

Anywhere north of Birmingham, forget it unless you like Public Sector, <£200 a day caught by IR35 contracts, working for some Labour loving left wing gimp.

In Wales there's Cardiff and Swansea, low rates, generally crap. Even the Bob's won't work there.

Cheltenham because of GCHQ and a few other IT companies.

Cambridge, high tech, mini hotspot, but you'll need a PhD just to have the agent put you forward.

M4 Corridor from London, covering Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Oxford, Newbury, Swindon, Bath/Chippenham and Bristol. Plenty of contracts along there. Average rates though.

Deep south - Portsmouth/Southampton, Exeter, Plymouth

That's about it. To sum it up, only London is a true hotspot, with plenty of work and good rates. Everywhere else is generally meh.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...