• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Expense - Surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    What about my penis extension ???

I am getting Geronimo superglued to me
    I think you meant Tractor, you perennial

Jesus how you got away with being a CC member for so long defies belief

Please note CUKKERS, Tarbera is (almost) living proof that the CC needs new blood. His village cannot wait for the day they get their idiot back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Expense the operation. Declare it as a BIK. Pay tax on it.

Simple.
      Where does one draw the line between a BIK and a legitimate expense for the better running of a company though?

I mean if MF upgrades to business class to be fresher for a vital meeting with an important client, can he claim that as a legitimate expense, and argue that the champagne is just an incidental benefit?

If so, is there much difference in principle between that and paying for a necessary operation to be done more promptly so one can run one's business more effectively?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What about my penis extension ???
        From Can I get my penis enlarged? - Health questions - NHS Choices

NHS choices
        Can I get my penis enlarged?

"It’s possible to have an operation to increase the length or girth of your penis.
        Surgery for cosmetic reasons, such as penis enlargement, is not usually available on the NHS."

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          I think you meant Tractor, you perennial

Jesus how you got away with being a CC member for so long defies belief

Please note CUKKERS, Tarbera is (almost) living proof that the CC needs new blood. His village cannot wait for the day they get their idiot back.
          No you amuse me

Agreed, I'm happy to vote for you to replace me what username are you standing under ?

Comment

No you amuse me

Agreed, I'm happy to vote for you to replace me what username are you standing under ?
            I am seriously beginning to worry that I excite you. Why else would you stalk me through several sites? You certainly haven't demonstrated any value in any professional threads or conversations. Perhaps you would benefit more from gender evaluation than any type of enhancement. I am happy to chip in if you can't afford it. Perhaps we could start a fund, 'Help Tarbie find him/her/itself'? Do you think it would qualify for Gift Aid?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Where does one draw the line between a BIK and a legitimate expense for the better running of a company though?

I mean if MF upgrades to business class to be fresher for a vital meeting with an important client, can he claim that as a legitimate expense, and argue that the champagne is just an incidental benefit?

If so, is there much difference in principle between that and paying for a necessary operation to be done more promptly so one can run one's business more effectively?
              Quite a lot, actually. You gain the benefit of having a working leg in your private life as well as your business one.

Which bit of "wholly and exclusively" are you having trouble with?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                I am seriously beginning to worry that I excite you. Why else would you stalk me through several sites? You certainly haven't demonstrated any value in any professional threads or conversations. Perhaps you would benefit more from gender evaluation than any type of enhancement. I am happy to chip in if you can't afford it. Perhaps we could start a fund, 'Help Tarbie find him/her/itself'? Do you think it would qualify for Gift Aid?
                You are the stalker miss, turning up outside my house at all hours day and night banging on my door, hiding your true feeling for me.

Think of the children, I forgive you

Comment

Where HMRC tell you

There's a whole section in the expenses manual about travel, though. And there's little personal benefit in paying for the flight.

Argue the necessity. I doubt that you could argue that there was no personal benefit that was only incidental.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you can't work out that whether something that is attached to you is wholly and exclusively form your business then god help you.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No you amuse me

You're not leaving yet, though

And we all know that he's fionat.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X