• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Expense - Surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Expense - Surgery

Hi all

I am an IT contractor with a limited company.

I'm currently not working as I'm waiting for an operation on my hip on the NHS and can't commit to a contract. The waiting time is up to 4 months, but I'd really like to explore the private option, in order to get back to work and choose my surgeon.

The problem is causing the company loss of revenue, what are your views on expensing the operation in order to get me back work?

Thanks in advance... Rudster

Benefit in kind - fully personally taxable.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Since we're in General...

If your work requires you to look "beautiful" could you claim teeth whitening, personal trainer, even lipo, as legitimate expenses?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What about my penis extension ???

I am getting Geronimo superglued to me

Comment

Originally posted by Rudster View Post
          Hi all

I am an IT contractor with a limited company.

I'm currently not working as I'm waiting for an operation on my hip on the NHS and can't commit to a contract. The waiting time is up to 4 months, but I'd really like to explore the private option, in order to get back to work and choose my surgeon.

The problem is causing the company loss of revenue, what are your views on expensing the operation in order to get me back work?

Thanks in advance... Rudster
          UKIP launch NHS policy - UKIP

HTH BIDI

Comment

I think a boob job will help me more at interviews, can I claim?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm glad major surgery brings such amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Yep, Frankly I think UKIP's policy is unlikely to help anyone. Even if they got access to power in some bizarre alternate reality.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Yep, Frankly I think UKIP's policy is unlikely to help anyone. Even if they got access to power in some bizarre alternate reality.
                  Something to read whilst you wait 4 months for surgery under the NHS, funded by British taxpayers, used by everyone with a ticket to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudster View Post
                    I'm glad major surgery brings such amusement.
                    If you are worried about the possibility of losing work due to medical procedures you should take out medical insurance such as with BUPA. The payments for this can go through the company but will be taxed on you as a benefit in kind.

Probably worth it if you need it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X