• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who on CUK is voting Tory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    shame on you all..

voting for a party that makes the most vulnerable in our society pay for the bankers greed.

you really have lost your sense of fairness.

on top of this you seem to think you are accepted!! You are not.. The tory party love wannabees like you... they need people like you to believe one day you too could be like Boris et al
    Why don't you put up and shut up. How many of societies 'vunerable' are you putting up? I rent my garage to 15 migrant workers each week and I only charge 50 quid per head.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I find it weird how mentioning where someone went to school is an insult.

When I was 11 years old I didn't have much choice in where I went to school. At that age is anyone really likely to turn around and say, "No mum and dad, I want to go to the local comprehensive instead"?

Why should someone be ashamed that their parents sent them to a good school?

Comment

shame on you all..

voting for a party that makes the most vulnerable in our society pay for the bankers greed.

you really have lost your sense of fairness.

on top of this you seem to think you are accepted!! You are not.. The tory party love wannabees like you... they need people like you to believe one day you too could be like Boris et al
        The bankers were the largest payers of tax and whatever they did they did on labours watch not the Tories. The Tories are the party of aspiration whereas your lot are the party of entitlement who callously pretend to care about the poor.

http://www.economist.com/news/school...-years-article

Central banks could have done more to address all this. The Fed made no attempt to stem the housing bubble. The European Central Bank did nothing to restrain the credit surge on the periphery, believing (wrongly) that current-account imbalances did not matter in a monetary union. The Bank of England, having lost control over banking supervision when it was made independent in 1997, took a mistakenly narrow view of its responsibility to maintain financial stability.
        Last edited by DodgyAgent; 5 May 2015, 14:08.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          I find it weird how mentioning where someone went to school is an insult.

When I was 11 years old I didn't have much choice in where I went to school. At that age is anyone really likely to turn around and say, "No mum and dad, I want to go to the local comprehensive instead"?

Why should someone be ashamed that their parents sent them to a good school?
          Clearly you should have gone to school more often! totally misses the point!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Why are we all cowed by the left into being embarrassed about being Tory? The party of the people who create the wealth that underpins the economy? The Tories should be lauded and thanked. The tories are the party of the tiny minority that pay a large proportion of the tax revenues raised. I am actually voting UKIP not because I don't like being identified as a Tory but because I live in an area that is a Tory stronghold and want to remind them that we need a referendum on the EU.
            With the greatest of respect to your standing in the business community as a respected agent (), that is a dumb as f**k reason for voting for anyone.

If that is what tickle's your pickle, you could consider voting for a party that:

a) Has an EU referendum in its manifesto
            b) Has a chance of being in power to implement that policy
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The bankers were the largest payers of tax and whatever they did they did on labours watch not the Tories. The Tories are the party of aspiration whereas your lot are the party of entitlement who callously pretend to care about the poor.
              This is what they hope and want the working classes to believe.

Aspiration!! o deary me

Comment

Clearly you should have gone to school more often! totally misses the point!!!
                It doesn't miss the point. It ignores the blather to focus on the fact that mentioning that someone went to a school which spits out highly successful individuals is meant to be an insult. I won't bother correcting your grammar mistakes.

Comment

So who on CUK is voting Tory?
                  Me .
                  I am actually voting UKIP
                  Even for an agent, a 23 minute turnaround from a straight "yes" to a "no" must be some kind of record?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    With the greatest of respect to your standing in the business community as a respected agent (), that is a dumb as f**k reason for voting for anyone.

If that is what tickle's your pickle, you could consider voting for a party that:

a) Has an EU referendum in its manifesto
                    b) Has a chance of being in power to implement that policy
                    Yes! Vote Green!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's my first general elections since I obtained British citizenship and I will vote Conservative. It was my wish since I saw Margaret Thatcher on tv in my country of origin when I was in my teens.

Comment

Working...
                      X