• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Free Riches + The End of New Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DimPrawn

What goes boom usually goes bust

Think self certs, think Enron

3.5 X income was once used as a guide to the average price of a house in the UK but that average price now stands at over £180k

Just because interest rates half it does not mean you can afford to spend double on a property because for one you need to pay the capital back and a precursor for low interest rates is low inflation so if today a £1000 is a lot of money then in ten years time it will still be a lot of money which is totally different to when inflation was rampant.

Comment

Re: DimPrawn

Thanks Mr Bean but what's that got to do with HB's plan to topple the government or the price of fish?

Comment

Re: Whats that got to do with it

SIPP's is what Brown is using to try and stop prices crashing

Comment

Re: Whats that got to do with it

From the company tax point of view, paying a salary or the company making a contribution to our personal pension are treated the same way, i.e. fully deductible, so rather than increase salary just make a pension contribution, and avoid the employers NI on salary.

I have about 75K in company and from next year intend to pay myself a 5K salary, top up with dividends from savings and put most of any new earnings into pension (thereby disposing of any IR35 liablility that comes with the new earnings.)

Comment

Even better than I thought

So Avoider says I can dodge National Insurance and any threat of IR35 as well. This scheme just gets better and better. Can we avoid the 13.5% VAT as well somehow?

Beany, just buy gold commodities or shares with yours and stop stressing about houses.

Only one worry now. Why are they being so nice to us?

Who was it that said that if it seems too good to be true, then it aint true?

Comment

Re: Even better than I thought

Well, it'll increase the pension funds that El Brownio can raid for a start...
              (Think nationalised pension scheme...)

BTW, All UK pension providers have to produce a report for the treasury detailing peoples national insurance numbers and value of their fund every year...

Now why do you think they need that....?

Spod.

Comment

Working...
              X