• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sanctioned for a Year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Doesnt it say she left work due to illness then had two more kids afterwards? Really winds me up. If you can't afford it dont have kids.

I couldnt afford kids when I was younger so waited until we were older.

Got a nephew whos a real scrote. Got a flat with his girlfriend - both on benefits. Got one child aged 2. Shes pregnant again.
    Of course, new child means the DSS ain't gonna hassle her to get a job now as child 1 gets older, and of course, bigger flat potentially. Does my chunk in.
    Its quite legal so what is the issue?

Maybe it should be made illegal...

Comment

Its difficult to square being unemployed and penniless with the idea of voluntarily having kids when those in work defer kids because they can't afford.

Similarly people in council houses larger than most employed people can dream of complaining they need an upgrade get up most people's noses.

So the welfare state needs to go on a diet, it just seems that these stories are the anorexia cases. We could do it better. Sanctions need to be managed & trusted, I hope Cameron says and does something about them.

If we all honestly believed from past evidence that sanctions were applied with the same respect as the law then these stories would get little traction. They currently smell like officious little twerps in the job centre throwing their weight around.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its difficult to square being unemployed and penniless with the idea of voluntarily having kids when those in work defer kids because they can't afford.

Similarly people in council houses larger than most employed people can dream of complaining they need an upgrade get up most people's noses.

So the welfare state needs to go on a diet, it just seems that these stories are the anorexia cases. We could do it better. Sanctions need to be managed & trusted, I hope Cameron says and does something about them.

If we all honestly believed from past evidence that sanctions were applied with the same respect as the law then these stories would get little traction. They currently smell like officious little twerps in the job centre throwing their weight around.
        The whole business process of making the unemployed 'job-worthy' was outsourced long ago. Now companies like Seetec amongst others, have been contracted to provide 'jobseeking support' in place of what used to be the jobcentre. They get paid per person they find a job and surprise, surprise, they get paid for each sanction they apply. Funny thing is HMG won't release the costs, wonder why. Has a ring of the tagging scandal about it maybe? Yeah, good idea, give 'em their own chequebook.

An acquaintance, single mother with kids at primary school was put on a course with the proviso from the JC that she did not have to attend Seetec during school holidays. Indeed Seetec would not allow children on the premises. Seetec continued to make appointments during school holidays and prevented her from attending, then sanctioned her because she didn't. Whatever the rights and wrongs in this very thread about single parenthood, that kind of treatment is wrong.

The 'employment' figures out today, I am sure will include those out of work but sanctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          They currently smell like officious little twerps in the job centre throwing their weight around.
          There could be a reason why it smells like that. I think the problem is that these cases aren't appealed because people don't know how to appeal or leave it too late...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            There could be a reason why it smells like that. I think the problem is that these cases aren't appealed because people don't know how to appeal or leave it too late...
            I'm more than happy to believe its an issue. As I say it is something Cameron needs to address.

I'm all for sanctions for those who can't be bothered to get out of bed, but the stupidity being reported is horrendous.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
              Depends if they use Salt & Vinegar crisp packets for 'protection', it would be quite easy
              Just aim for the face. Works for me - i've not used a rubber in decades. Unless I'm also shooting blanks

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                The whole business process of making the unemployed 'job-worthy' was outsourced long ago. Now companies like Seetec amongst others, have been contracted to provide 'jobseeking support' in place of what used to be the jobcentre. They get paid per person they find a job and surprise, surprise, they get paid for each sanction they apply. Funny thing is HMG won't release the costs, wonder why. Has a ring of the tagging scandal about it maybe? Yeah, good idea, give 'em their own chequebook.

An acquaintance, single mother with kids at primary school was put on a course with the proviso from the JC that she did not have to attend Seetec during school holidays. Indeed Seetec would not allow children on the premises. Seetec continued to make appointments during school holidays and prevented her from attending, then sanctioned her because she didn't. Whatever the rights and wrongs in this very thread about single parenthood, that kind of treatment is wrong.

The 'employment' figures out today, I am sure will include those out of work but sanctioned.
                Funny how 'we' make it illegal for low skill/exprience workers to get a job, and simultaneously spend lots of money to help them find a job

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  Funny how 'we' make it illegal for low skill/exprience workers to get a job, and simultaneously spend lots of money to help them find a job
                  JC aren't there to help you find a job they are there to make people ashamed of claiming benefits.

If you know someone who actually got help getting a permanent job from visiting a JC then post some of their story.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Foodbanks are very different, they only accept non-perishable items.

If Tesco do now give fresh produce away then great, it's about time.
                    why should they?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      JC aren't there to help you find a job they are there to make people ashamed of claiming benefits.

If you know someone who actually got help getting a permanent job from visiting a JC then post some of their story.
                      My next door neighbour. Out of work for some time. JC:
                      Found him training
                      Helped him get an interview
                      Gave him a voucher to buy a suit
                      Paid his bus fare

He got the job, has been promoted and loves what he does

Comment

Working...
                      X