• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back in the Game Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the Game Again

Hullo there!

Long time lurker here and a somewhat reluctant new member of these august boards. I say reluctant because I've spent the past 2 years trying to reboot a once partially successful musical career (more on that later) but, like all struggling artists, I've run out of money and, well, here I am in the first week of a rather dull classic asp migration project in Chippenham.

And, boy, is it dull. I Just keep telling myself that it'll all be worthwhile beacuse when all is said and done, everything boils down to one moment; that golden moment that drives all of us in this game to get up at 5 am on dark winter mornings to endure a miserable commute to some God foresaken business park next to some motorway junction somewhere.

Yes, after months of hard slog, that moment is when you first stand behind an end user of the system you've just written to bear witness to them performing the button click that issues the query to the SQL Server database that will return the results to enable that user to do his or her job. Pure gold....

Anyhow, a site that has its own colloquialisms like "gig" and "pimp" where you can meet characters like Mich the Tester and Dim Prawn is just too good to miss.

I'm in!
    Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 14 May 2015, 09:42.

2/10 Could do better.

Comment

Welcome

Don't forget to invoice

Comment

Working...
      X