• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Reporter Call Farage a c**t on live TV!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Slightly misleading, you have to pay if you watch live tv over the air this is to fund the BBC, at the same time channels with adverts are broadcast.

Now you don't have to pay for SKY.
    You have to pay the 40p a day to watch ITV even though ITV is funded by adverts was my point. So you can't pay the 40p a day to avoid adverts, assuming you want to watch ITV.

The thing is if all the Sky channels are crap, you can choose not to subscribe and they lose money. If ITV/C4/Five/whatever are crap, you can not watch them and they don't get the money from the advertisers and they lose money. If the BBC are crap, and nobody watches, they get the money anyway.

Now if only we decriminalise the Beeb tax we could save many women being convicted.
    It's a tax and not paying your taxes is a crime. What are we saying by decriminalising the licence fee? That tax evasion isn't a crime, or that it's not really a tax?

Now if a government had any sense they would have ruled every tv and Freeview / freesat module should have a CI module fitted during the freeview upgrade and then encrypted the BBC. It could charge what it likes and stop this cat & mouse game.
    Or just kept ITV Digital.

Putting encryption in would have made all the boxes more complicated and more expensive, whereas pushing the free unencrypted service opened the way for cheap as chips set top boxes and cheaper tellies with it built in. And of course the BBC were quite happy to promote this.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Well it wouldn't really be a tax if decriminalised; more of a fee. Perhaps they just want people to continue thinking they have to pay it, even if no action is taken against those who don't. I'd be happy to see it go altogether.

As for Sky, I just go for NowTV, saves the licence fee as I don't watch live TV at all.

Comment

Working...
      X