• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curmudgeon in training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have first hand experience of watching people who were nice, getting older and grumpier.
    People in real life and on CUK?

Maybe you are the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      People in real life and on CUK?

Maybe you are the cause?
      Isn't this identical to the who is the company idiot question (clue if you don't know who it is, it's you)?

If you don't know what is responsible for your friends being grumpy......
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Since my children were born I have been less grumpy. But my hair has gone from brown to grey.

Comment

Since my children were born I have been less grumpy. But my hair has gone from brown to grey.
          Grey hair and baldness are hereditary, you get then from your children.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
            Grey hair and baldness are hereditary, you get then from your children.
            I didnt go grey until I met MrsB.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              I didnt go grey until I met MrsB.
              She speaks highly of you too.

Comment

Since they were born I've become more grumpy. What rules me the most is being interrupted in the morning by one of them bursting in or banging on the door when I have my morning dump. Grrrrrrr.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Since Saturday morning, I've been the happiest I've been in a long time

I'd share the secret, but none of you would believe me if I told you.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

you cross dressing again?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

You've been skinny dipping with your local rugby club?
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X