• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Holiday Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA!

Long weekend in Dublin with the in-laws, they're good fun so looking forward to it. Tempered slightly by the M-I-L being in hospital for observation, will have to try to sneak her in a vodka and white.

Comment

TFA, and have a good one yourself

Actually doing something this weekend....

Today - just got home after a tulip drive as every bugger has decided to go away for the weekend. This evening of up to Frankfurt to see The Dictators NYC
      Rest of the weekend - the Schlossgrabenfest here in town which started yesterday. Possibly the biggest inner city, open air, free music festival in Europe now with an expected 500,000 people. Started last night and goes on until Monday
      In between - our local football team, SV Darmstadt 98 were in the 3rd division the year before last, this year they're in the 2nd division and in 2nd place and the final game is on Sunday and a win would assure them of promotion into the 1st, a feat that rarely occurs. A loss would put them in the play-offs so on Sunday afternoon, weather permitting it will be Biergarten time
      Monday - Pfingsten and Memorial Day (as I also work in America)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Collecting my summer hanging baskets from the local garden centre. In a moment of madness I ordered eight of the brutes a couple of months ago.

Hope they all fit in the back of the Rangerover, or I'll have to make two trips and thus double the chance of blowing even more money on flowers
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Collecting my summer hanging baskets from the local garden centre. In a moment of madness I ordered eight of the brutes a couple of months ago.
          I thought gricer was back for a moment there.

I'm doing lots of gardening, lots of spinning and running, lots of watching football. Little bit of plan A when the football is on.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I thought gricer was back for a moment there.

I'm doing lots of gardening, lots of spinning and running, lots of watching football. Little bit of plan A when the football is on.
            Just me picturing minnie like this?

Comment

Working again... Server migrations never stop

Comment

I have been doing a historical show in Odiham.

I had talked about weapons and armour and explained armour evolution about a hundred times, fought a few times and juggled dozens of kids all wanted to try on armour and hit each other with various weapons.

Fun but tiring
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                X