• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody BT

<rant>
    BTinternet.

'We've detected several failed attempts to log into your E-Mail account, Please change your password'

I keep getting this. Around once a month now.

What genius came up with the logic behind this? What is it about FAILED they don't understand?
    How is changing my password going to help?
    And why for God's sake are BTinternet passwords limited to only letters and digits?

</rant>

Do people still use their ISP's email service?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      A surprising number do (I don't). It amazes me even more to see ISP email addresses emblazoned on vans and other commercial vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        A surprising number do (I don't). It amazes me even more to see ISP email addresses emblazoned on vans and other commercial vehicles.
        A lot of people know they can change to the own domain, but don't want the hassle of changing advertising etc away from their old email address
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Every time I get an email from someone who uses their ISP's email, I have the same initial thought.

Email from [email protected]

Me "I didn't know he worked for Tesco. I thought he was a plumber. Oh."

Two months later, email from [email protected]

Me "I didn't know he worked for Sky..... oh."

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            Every time I get an email from someone who uses their ISP's email, I have the same initial thought.

Email from [email protected]

Me "I didn't know he worked for Tesco. I thought he was a plumber. Oh."

Two months later, email from [email protected]

Me "I didn't know he worked for Sky..... oh."
            FWIW, Yahoo uses yahoo-inc.com for its employees. Now you know, that's one less to catch you out

Comment

Yeah, I have my own domain too, use it for business mail.
              The BT one I got as an early adopter a very long time ago and have firstname.surname@bt.. so hung on to it as a personal account.

Comment

I managed to get [email protected] when they binned hotmail. But never use it.

Comment

Working...
                X