• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fracas at Scotch Corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fracas at Scotch Corner

We witnessed some guy go completely ape-oh last night when we popped in on our way back from Darlo as a result of our drummer needing a Neville.

Upon entering the lobby, we were immediately made aware of a loud, expletive laden cacophony emanating from an as yet unidentified individual who duly revealed himself in the act of performing an involuntary pirouette with the carousel of Salmon postcards in the doorway of Smiths which he sent careering down the concourse into some unfortunate young woman with a baby buggy.

Then he hot footed it across the foyer and vaulted over the counter of the "Just a Minute!" snack bar and tried to cram a beef patty down the throat of the bewildered youth who was in the process of cashing up the day's takings.

Fortunately, some burly security operatives appeared on the scene before he could do any serious damage and chased him off the premises.

I wouldn't mind betting it's the same guy who is reported to pop up behind gamers at the fruit machines and offer unwanted advice over their shoulders.

These places attract some serious headcases...
    Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 12 June 2015, 09:31.

This one?

Comment

I miss Gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I miss Gricer.
        Oh he just keeps popping back up. The Russell Brand of CUK.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I miss Gricer.
          -1 I don't.

I don't however get the point of posting made up bollox online which is clearly just utter tulip.

The hotel is now the Holiday Inn Darlington South...

And no one stops there as there has been a 24 hour Moto services on the other side of the roundabout for the past 15 years with a M&S simply food...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            -1 I don't.

I don't however get the point of posting made up bollox online which is clearly just utter tulip.

And no one stops there as there has been a 24 hour Moto services on the other side of the roundabout for the past 15 years with a M&S simply food...
            They're better than your posts.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

-1 I don't.

The whiff of GittinsGal is strong with this one, my master.....

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                The whiff of GittinsGal is strong with this one, my master.....
                I seem to remember a different poster with an obsession about motorway services....

Sadly these are not on a motorway (just yet) and so unused that would be an understatement....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I seem to remember a different poster with an obsession about motorway services....

Sadly these are not on a motorway (just yet) and so unused that would be an understatement....
                  It's the penchant for inaccurately describing journeys that does it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    It's the penchant for inaccurately describing journeys that does it for me.
                    Darlington to Ebchester via Scotch Corner?
                    Not the way I would go.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                    X