• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional forums went down the drain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional forums went down the drain

Is it just me or or did the professional forums go down the drain? Since I started my new roles 2 months ago I haven't got as much time to check on the CUK forums, but started to notice that there is hardly a single serious thread per day in the professional forums.

Have you asked your accountant?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Have you tried searching?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Must be all the sockies

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          Is it just me or or did the professional forums go down the drain? Since I started my new roles 2 months ago I haven't got as much time to check on the CUK forums, but started to notice that there is hardly a single serious thread per day in the professional forums.
          They have been maintained under the poster known as 'The Northern Lad UK'. Because of that, any high brow posters, anyone with any skills or money have of course moved South (To General) where you are more likely to get a decent answer to a question or a 'Your mum' reply versus some out of date/vintage, 'Have you asked your....' meme that now exists in the Professional Forums.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You get out what you put in.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              You get out what you put in.
              Not in the case of the Hatton Garden heist.

Comment

Wait to you join the IPSE and see the content of their professional forums.....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I heard they just post referral codes everywhere around the internet. Worse than MoneySavingExpert.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    You'd have to be pretty dedicated to fork out the cost of membership to create an IPSE sockie, so at least when you see a completely daft post, you know it is a real user!

Comment

Working...
                    X