• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the deal here guys?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Banning IP addresses never really worked after about 1992, and now that much web browsing is done on mobile devices that get a different IP address every time they're pulled out of a pocket, it doesn't work even more
    I stopped taking an interest in these things in 1991.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      No we haven't.

He can't even stay flounced after writing something borderline illegal and stating he wouldn't ever come back after being pulled up for it.
      Liar to the core, but that's no news.
      To be fair, there was nothing borderline about it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Banning IP addresses never really worked after about 1992, and now that much web browsing is done on mobile devices that get a different IP address every time they're pulled out of a pocket, it doesn't work even more
        Think of that lovely collateral damage that could be done by blocking an IP address
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Think of that lovely collateral damage that could be done by blocking an IP address
          Imagine jumping into the sewer, or a cess pit every time you wanted to do a turd.
          Much better to sit on a nice clean seat and be separated from the ordure by a U-Bend.
          The same with the idea of blocking. It would have been much cleaner if the architects had started by blocking everyone and you had to specifically unblock the people you wanted to

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Nah. He's going to get banned within a week of today. Mark my words.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Well if you were talking about Fat Lazy Chunt, then hats off.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                OK I thought it was too good to be true.

Better lock the account to be sure.

Tarra.

Well that flounce lasted an entire week or so then back to the victim posting. Too good to be true indeed.

Liar to the core as pointed out previously.

Comment

Working...
                X