• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game of Thrones Finale (Spoiler alert)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the books but really struggle to be interested in the show. I put it on and within 10 mins my attention has gone and I'm on the iPad. Every week it's the same.

Comment

I can't figure out to quote a thread using my phone. However, wanted to say I agree with SO.

There have been several potentially very interesting plot lines which have just died, along with their characters. Jon Snow is a good example, because the book reveals that he's also a warg and probably the strongest among all the Stark children. That, his Wall story and the Ygritte story are simply red herrings now. The author has just wasted our time.

I can see the Bran arc going the same way.

Now that the writers are free from GRRM's storylines, maybe we'll see some improvements

The books just get longer each time and more tedious. I just finished the most recent one and won't be buying the next, if it's ever published.

Comment

Apparently a lot of the more interesting stuff surrounding Lyssa and Catelyn Stark was also cut. The show isn't bad, but they've killed off nearly all the interesting characters. I also have little liking for the dude they got to replace Dario Naharis, he just isn't as good in the role.

Comment

Working...
        X