• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car repair - advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car repair - advice needed

The missus has pranged her car, by driving into a Tesco trolley

would it be cheaper to pay for the repair or claim on the insurance.
    she asked me, and I don't have a clue
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Key points are what is the estimated cost, what is your excess and do you have no claims protection? Given those facts, you should be able to make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I've seen some awful Tesco trolleys, some don't even go in a straight line. My suggestion would be to ignore it, I can't see Tesco coming after your wife for the repair costs.

Comment

I only read EternalOptomist's posts because he has such a nice avatar. What the heck is that anyway, Twigwitch ?

Comment

Supermarket Trolleys | Metal / Wire Carts for Retail Shops, Convenient Grocery Stores, Garden Centres and Supermarkets - FAST FREE DELIVERY

£100 for a new trolley.

mechanics quote for the car.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Depends on how bad the damage is. Front, rear, bumper, wing? it also depends on how new the car is, if it's a £500 banger, then it adds to the character. Is it just a dent, or is there a crease?

Take it to a garage and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I've seen some awful Tesco trolleys, some don't even go in a straight line. My suggestion would be to ignore it, I can't see Tesco coming after your wife for the repair costs.
              Fair point, could be argued that any damage hasn't made a material difference.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Catweazle.
                I'm Youtubin' that tonight.

Comment

Tesco would probably want to settle out of court for the damage caused by their errant trolley.

Call some ambulance chasers. Tell them your wife is suffering PTSD.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                    Tesco would probably want to settle out of court for the damage caused by their errant trolley.

Call some ambulance chasers. Tell them your wife is suffering PTSD.
                    They will just point to a sign saying "no responsibility for damage in htis car park"

As no one on here has seen the car or the damage its pretty hard to say how much it will cost to fix, also given we don't know the details of your policy and the excess detailed, I will just go for the stock answer

"What does your accountant say?"
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X