• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedgetrimmer Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    My flymo trimmer has just packed up & its time to get a new one.

Just wondering if anyone has tried a cordless electric trimmer. I'm always a bit worried anything cordless isn't going to be man enough for the job but I really don't like cables and buying a petrol engined trimmer is overkill for what I want.

Basically I've got about 50 feet of frontage, a beech hedge, that needs trimming maybe 3 times per year & I need the charge to last 1 hour & I need to be able to cut up to about 10 mm or so.

The Bosch looks OK - in homebase for £74; 20% off. Unfortunately the goofy young floorwalker wasn't very knowledgeable. So I'm asking here instead
    Stihl hedge trimmers have the name, although they are a bit pricey.

The Stihl HL 100 Long Reach trimmer is just over £800.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I wouldn't trust any reviews online.
      Good job CUK is here on the internet
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I just got this £23 delivered does the trick and better than you would think for the money

Buy Sovereign HTEG34C Electric Hedge Trimmer - 400W at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Hedge trimmers and accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Make sure you got the power4all one. the batteries are interchangeable over a range of tools and they are 18 volts, they last longer. I think some of the slightly cheaper ones are 12 volts and are not as powerful.
          I did go for one of the less powerful ones - Bosch AHS 41 Accu -battery is 14.4 volts but it's done the job more than adequately on 1 charge & only cost me £60.

Comment

Working...
          X