• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abuse of Power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    So why not spend your time correcting all the titlea of threads in General as to reflect the contents?
    It's not actually that uncommon, and certainly not reserved for idiotic religious threads.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      No, I do not agree...
      Thank you for confirming my first impression of you. It is appreciated I assure you.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Aw diddums? Is poor little Paddy throwing a Paddy 'cos it's so unfair?

I think the idea that your subject title was inaccurate and possibly even misleading is not a "personal view" but entirely objective.

Do you not think the new title reflects that actual event rather better than one you came up with? Or do you really think that a white supremacist/racist bastard shooting a bunch of black people at a bible study in an historic church is actually a case of Christian on Christian violence?

There's a few other names in the mix, just to add a bit of variety.
        Is that borderline racist or is it like 'tossing a dwarf' but for stronger people?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Is that borderline racist or is it like 'tossing a dwarf' but for stronger people?
          Is a Paddy throwing a Paddy the same as a Spade calling a Spade a Spade?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I guess you could say mods shouldn't change title threads. But then again people shouldn't use thread titles as a troll mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              I guess you could say mods shouldn't change title threads. But then again people shouldn't use thread titles as a troll mechanism.
              For the sake of posterity, if something is deemed against the terms of use whether it's racism, decency or whatever there should be moderation of the user not the post, otherwise no one can see where the boundaries have been crossed.

There are circumstances though, where changes of titles or even content is absolutely required otherwise the site owners may find they are liable financially or criminally and even both.

Comment

Working...
              X