• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Fallacy of global warming debunked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ....hmmm

But is there more accumulation than normal ?

Hint ...look at the data
    The data shows me a fairly 'normal' year to date with a recent uptick. So what? Its called 'weather'. A weather event in July 2012 caused a unprecedented and remarkable few days, with 97% of the sheet in melt.

An intense Greenland melt season: 2012 in review | Greenland Ice Sheet Today

You're not going to tell us the long term (30 year) trend is not consistently negative?
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Greenland ice tracking well above the 25 year average
      Surely if you've learned one thing by now, its that Tony Heller has not one truthful bone in his body?

Hmmmm … must remember to check back at that site when we really do reach the MIDDLE of the melt season. See if the current cold snap persists or not.

Meanwhile the Arctic sea ice is 2sd below average ….

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Comment

Look at the data, arctic ice is up.
        less than eight weeks to go till the end of the melt season, and it hasn't started melting properly yet.

wasn't the arctic ice all supposed to be gone in the summer ?

in other news -
        polar bears are up
        Antarctic ice is up
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Look at the data, arctic ice is up.
          less than eight weeks to go till the end of the melt season, and it hasn't started melting properly yet.
          Huh? Eight weeks from now is mid-August, Arctic ice always reaches a minimum in mid-September, and it most certainly is melting, and fast.

May in decline | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

Have a great weekend, and try to stop making stuff up.

Comment

What's the problem?

In common with most northern dwelling westerners we spend a fortune to holiday in hot climes. What is the panic about? Tourist prices will drop, the Germans will bask in Switzerland leaving the Med to us Brits. Bring it on!

Comment

The result of green policies in Britain:

This is actually worse than the scary pictures they show to warn of affects of global warming.

Courtesy of Greenpeace.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Huh? Eight weeks from now is mid-August, Arctic ice always reaches a minimum in mid-September, and it most certainly is melting, and fast.

May in decline | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

Have a great weekend, and try to stop making stuff up.

Ho Ho. pj is talking about .3% of the ice in the arctic
                I am talking about 100% of the ice.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

The result of green policies in Britain:

This is actually worse than the scary pictures they show to warn of affects of global warming.

Courtesy of Greenpeace.
                  shocking.
                  these people started out with a good idea. That morphed into a set of stronger and stronger beliefs. It is now an intolerant dogma
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Isn't it ironic I remember in the 1990's being shown frightening images of how global warming would affect the forests, and they looked like this.

Now I thought this meant the forests would die because of climate change, but actually the deforestation in the photo above is caused by environmentalists chopping them down in the name of Global Warming for biofuel.
                    I'm offsetting the effects by wiping my @rse more thoroughly. Toilet roll is made from wood pulp, and for every tree chopped down, they plant three.

Comment

for every tree chopped down, they plant three
                      Up your @rse you mean? That sounds like fun.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X