• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I was at the Glasgow transport museum last week, they have the 2 bikes Graeme Obree got the hour records on, they look like they have been put together by someone who can't weld.
    They were. He was definately one for form over function.
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anyways, there was a little quote that he went for the starfish training method on a home built training bike, cycle as hard as you can as fast as you can until you are a starfish next to the bike. I liked that.
    He was one of a kind.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      not so much manshack & house taking up all my time but will get back to it later in year.
      You need to turn the manshack into a gym....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        already in hand, it will have a cross trainer / cycle in front of the projector screen so I can do the boring conf calls or watching movies standing & sweating.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            already in hand, it will have a cross trainer / cycle in front of the projector screen so I can do the boring conf calls or watching movies standing & sweating.
            One of these on a Turbo Trainer?

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

like this

Buy Cross trainers and elliptical trainers at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Sports and leisure.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                'sit and spin' is what I was told by somebody who does this pretty seriously. Apparently the ideal cadence (that's how fast you pedal) is 90rpm, though I find that tires me out too much. So yes use the gears and change down as soon as it starts to get hard. That's what I do.

BTW this guy overtook me up a hill and said "raise your seat dude and you'll climb better". He was right. I've now got the seat about an inch and a half above where Halfords said it should be and I'm finding hills a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                X