• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched (or is it deck-chaired?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixman View Post
    If you can afford it, and you are not in your 20s, take the summer off and do something life improving.
    What do you mean by life improving?

1 week IPSE course
    Yoga retreat in Bali
    Boob job and face lift to bag a millionaire

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

1 week IPSE course
      Yoga retreat in Bali
      Enter a chutney spoon licking competition?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Well, another contract bites the dust and here I am wondering if I can be arsed to put my CV into the mill or just take the rest of the summer off?

(Tricky one because I've heard the tinkle of a big contract ramping up north of the border...)

Problems, problems!
        Good quandary to be in

Comment

Make hay while the sun shines.

So you can do either depending if the sun shining is the sun shining or money flowing.

Personally I'd take the cash with a view to taking next summer off, after the big contract, or the year after if it is in fact a HUGE contract.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Make hay while the sun shines.

So you can do either depending if the sun shining is the sun shining or money flowing.

Personally I'd take the cash with a view to taking next summer off, after the big contract, or the year after if it is in fact a HUGE contract.
            I've basically said just that for the last few years and not gone away in that time. I've politely declined an extension to my current contract as while I like my customer and the team is excellent I can't stand lumps of their customer.

I need to get away and have a proper holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

1 week IPSE course
              Yoga retreat in Bali
              Any of the above. Personally I'd vote for number 2.

Comment

make hay not war.
                one day at a time

Comment

me too, I'll be on the The Bench / Deck Chair end of the month

Comment

Take the rest of the summer off, no one wants to work, I can't even fill a £650 noddy role for a basic data analyst over on ipse forums.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                      Take the rest of the summer off, no one wants to work, I can't even fill a £650 noddy role for a basic data analyst over on ipse forums.
                      Your reputation proceeds you then....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X