• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched (or is it deck-chaired?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched (or is it deck-chaired?)

Well, another contract bites the dust and here I am wondering if I can be arsed to put my CV into the mill or just take the rest of the summer off?

(Tricky one because I've heard the tinkle of a big contract ramping up north of the border...)

Problems, problems!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

well seeing as the weather it sh!te it will be more drenched rather than benched

unless you are going somewhere you can guarantee the weather you may as well fill your warchest

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Well, another contract bites the dust and here I am wondering if I can be arsed to put my CV into the mill or just take the rest of the summer off?

(Tricky one because I've heard the tinkle of a big contract ramping up north of the border...)

Problems, problems!
      You could just be fussy. I've already turned more things down then gone forward with...

As I said last week for timing reasons I do want something asap. But unless it meets the no 1 criteria of allowing me to move onward I'm not interested...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You could just be fussy. I've already turned more things down then gone forward with...

As I said last week for timing reasons I do want something asap. But unless it meets the no 1 criteria of allowing me to move onward I'm not interested...
        Well, that's a given eek

I'll not accept the 1st one that comes along, obviously.

I''m just thinking about having the summer off. But OPM is right, the weather isn't begging me to come out and play atm...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Ah well, I've released it into the wild.

Back into the frey I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Ah well, I've released it into the wild.

Back into the frey I suppose...
            fray
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              fray
              I think she meant Walder....

Comment

That as well!

Comment

If you can afford it, and you are not in your 20s, take the summer off and do something life improving.

Comment

You have enough modding to keep you busy without working.

Comment

Working...
                    X