• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outdoor Webcams / Camera

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First this. and now this.

Am I the only one tho thinks these are the typical 'Self important me me me and only me" stories of someone who abuses Suity of such stuff?

Comment

The first thing you should know about security cameras is they don't stop crime , They only record the crime.
      And most of the images are poor grainy video which is useless if it ever went to court.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        The first thing you should know about security cameras is they don't stop crime , They only record the crime.
        And most of the images are poor grainy video which is useless if it ever went to court.

I installed a fake security camera, came home, and some fecker had nicked it.

Comment

Also be aware of potential requirements under privacy/data protection if you are filming public areas, i.e. roads and pavements.

I have 4 Lilin POE+ cameras.

What CloudWalker said, we videoed some scrots nicking the spare tyre of a neighbours van in the dark with the IR lamps on but even HD at night isn't good enough for a conviction.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            ...and some arsehole who insists on letting their dog tulip in our front garden...
            Are you sure it's a dog?

Pooping Mailman Caught in the Act

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Also be aware of potential requirements under privacy/data protection if you are filming public areas, i.e. roads and pavements.
              That's only a concern if you put them through the business. A company would be required to register under the DPA, put signs up, and all that palaver; but a private individual, putting cameras on their own property, isn't subject to those requirements.

Obviously you're likely to get into trouble if you point one through your neighbour's bedroom window, but other than obvious stuff like that, it doesn't matter if you capture images of the street or a bit of next door's garden - there's nothing in the law to prevent you doing so.

Comment

How to knock £50k off the value of your house without trying...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  How to knock £50k off the value of your house without trying...
                  Well I suppose if you are putting your house up for sale you could always remove them.

Comment

Working...
                  X