• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin award contender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And here's another nut job:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-man...135937499.html

different nut though.
    Staples's brother Cody told the Daily News of New York that he was a few feet away when his brother lit the firework and was the first to come to his side after it exploded.

"There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there," said 25-year-old Cody Staples, who called it an accident.

"Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the facts prove otherwise. Shame for those around him.

Comment

F*** that alligator!

Another one. Must be all that boozing the Yanks do on July 4th

2015-07-05 "F*** That Alligator": Man Killed Seconds After Mocking Gator Warning

Authorities say a 28-year-old Texas man was attacked and killed by an alligator “almost immediately” after being warned by a bystander not to swim in the water, replying “f*** that alligator” before jumping in, Buzzfeed reports.

“I asked him please do not go swimming, there’s a bigger alligator out here, just please stay out of the water,” an employee of Burkhart’s Marina in Orange, Texas told KFDM. “The next thing I know, I don’t even know how long it was, I saw his body floating face down and then he’s up there for a couple seconds and then he gets dragged back down and pulled off.”

According to police, marina employees put up a sign forbidding swimming after recently spotting a “pretty damn big” 11-foot alligator in the water. ...
      Mind you, he can't have been that dumb, as he had come up with a brilliant way of ensuring he would never lose his keys ..

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And here's another nut job:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-man...135937499.html

different nut though.
        what did he do? I cant access that. Can you pretend I'm Freako?

Comment

It seems a popular thing:

Fargo man beheaded by Fourth of July firework - US news - Life | NBC News

For dear old Freako, this nutjob was a father of two, but succeeded in decapitating himself nonetheless.
          Darwin award revoked.

Comment

Then again, some attempt it:

USA TODAY

For dear old Freako this relates to some lune who strapped the usual helium balloons to a lawn chair.

This one, however, was a skydiver & had a parachute.
            Saw that on the news this morning - wow, awesome, I thought. ms#5 said "What an idiot". I have got to that age where my kids are more sensible than me.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Saw that on the news this morning - wow, awesome, I thought. ms#5 said "What an idiot". I have got to that age where my kids are more sensible than me.
              still young at heart!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Another one. Must be all that boozing the Yanks do on July 4th

2015-07-05 "F*** That Alligator": Man Killed Seconds After Mocking Gator Warning

Mind you, he can't have been that dumb, as he had come up with a brilliant way of ensuring he would never lose his keys ..

Apparently his friends went and killed the Alligator afterwards.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I liked this comment:

By moving from Missouri to Texas, he increased the average IQ in both states.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Another contender for this year's award.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

For "lovable rogue" the translation is complete scrote who was happy to cause criminal damage, trespass and endanger other people. The gene pool is better off.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Poor alligator.

Comment

Working...
                      X