• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Killer on the beach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Keeping your distance hardly seems compatible with going up and talking to him though does it? You haven't really thought this through have you?

Surrounded by armed police & militia in an obscure Himalayas town and forced to sit in the middle of the road with 100 or so demonstrators, you don't really have much of a choice to keep your distance. When one of the few English speakers next to you from Tibet starts crying and talking about how he'd been in the same situation in the past and they opened fire and killed people & the crowd starts to get restless and the police are training their guns on you, you can either select to sit down, get ready to leg it, or try and talk to the man in charge. When I was younger I had an invincible god complex and at the insistence of the rest of my trekking group, got up, put my hands above my head and walked through the crowd to talk to the chief, with a machine gun trained on me.

Never tulip myself quite so much as that moment. Came up with some cock and bull story about how we were trekking, and that two of my trekkers worked for Der Spiegel(one was actually a photographer and had all the gear) and we'd like to do a story on the demonstration and how well the police chief had handled it & take photos, amazingly it worked, defused the whole situation & we were out of there an hour later.

That's my 'give me an example of a tough situation and how you handled it' interview question.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

People only start running when there's shooting.
      I bet if someone pointed out the window and said "There's a guy outside with a gun" the first thing people would do is get their mobiles out and take a picture!

Comment

A busker got on the tube once, I saw the threat and moved to the end of the carriage. A passenger near him made eye contact [emoji102], the collective carriage held our breath, and then the stairway to heaven opened...
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I think they are quite far back but the photographer is miles away using a pretty decent lens fully zoomed.

That is why they appear to be of a similar size.

That is what I thought when I saw the image yesterday anyways.
          Last edited by minestrone; 29 June 2015, 11:13.

Comment

Working...
          X