• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transferring number plates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring number plates

Has anyone used the online service for this? It started in March apparently. Once I fill in the details to have the plate removed from my car and I get a new log book, can I still drive my car with the plate on it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer and pick up my new car asap?

(Braces self for barrage of abuse re private plates)
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    Has anyone used the online service for this? It started in March apparently. Once I fill in the details to have the plate removed from my car and I get a new log book, can I still drive my car with the plate on it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer and pick up my new car asap?

(Braces self for barrage of abuse re private plates)
    I was thinking of buying a M6 with the reg V10 FU mostly for the reg.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      I was thinking of buying a M6 with the reg V10 FU mostly for the reg.
      That's not right - you mean V1 OFU?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        That's not right - you mean V1 OFU?
        Don't think so

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc4

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          Don't think so

BMW M6 5.0 V10 SMG 2dr
          V10 FU is not a valid reg, if plod are feeling annoyed on any day they stop you with that plate you will get fined and points
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            V10 FU is not a valid reg, if plod are feeling annoyed on any day they stop you with that plate you will get fined and points
            I find they mostly ignore illegal plates there are plenty up by me, mine are legal (correctly displayed according to the law) and it really frustrates me that they don't crack down on those that aren't.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I used to have A6000 FO (A600 OFO really) - never got stopped but it was some years ago. They do stop people on Traffic Cops on telly!

Also read somewhere about this chap who had his number place in Roman numerals because it doesn't (or didn't) actually state you have to use our (Arabic?) numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                I find they mostly ignore illegal plates there are plenty up by me, mine are legal (correctly displayed according to the law) and it really frustrates me that they don't crack down on those that aren't.
                Have you got nothing better to worry about?

If anything, illegal plates should be encouraged as they are more memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Have you got nothing better to worry about?

If anything, illegal plates should be encouraged as they are more memorable.
                  That's right Brillo first world problems
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Illegal plates are a pain in the arse, they mess about with a lot of ANPR systems which is a pain in the arse for me, folk putting little dots on the screw caps and stuff to make 11 into H and crap like that.

Plod could quite easily come down on this hard, they ANPR just about everywhere now, validate the registration formatting, letters sent out, car seen again without change and 100 quid fine.

Nice little earner for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X