• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CNN spots ISIS flag at London Pride

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Perhaps some of the resident pillow munchers would care to explain
    The only people who talk like that are gay people who cannot admit it to themselves. Be honest without yourself - you will feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I'm not offended by your ignorance - it just doesn't tally with my experience of Pride. Yes, there are people talking about sex (and even some people doing it too!) and including that in the parade. However, that's certainly not what Pride is all about, and Pride certainly isn't about liberal sprinklings of BDSM.

Maybe pop along to Manchester Pride at the end of August - see you there?
      Well seeing as I have been for the last few years cos I have quite a few gay friends in manc, I would imagine so.

You will be able to recognise me from my decidedly boring straight outfit ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well seeing as I have been for the last few years cos I have quite a few gay friends in manc, I would imagine so.

You will be able to recognise me from my decidedly boring straight outfit ;-)
        A friend of mine bought some T-shirts that said "SECURITY" on them so that she didn't have to queue anywhere.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

A couple of years ago I worked for an organisation that, lets just say had a large "Customer Database", one of the fields was obviously sexual orientation.

Now out of about 100,000+ "Customers", the results of a group by query came out something like:

Heterosexual: 94000
          Homosexual: 300
          Bisexual: 30
          Prefer not to say : 3,000
          NULL (i.e. no answer given): 3,000

This came as a surprise to me, insofar as being gay is not as prevalent as the press would have you believe, but mainly because it would seem most gays aren't quite so proud when it comes to committing answers to a permanent database.

As an aside, there was just the one registered transsexual.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            A friend of mine bought some T-shirts that said "SECURITY" on them so that she didn't have to queue anywhere.
            Genius!!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              A couple of years ago I worked for an organisation that, lets just say had a large "Customer Database", one of the fields was obviously sexual orientation.

Now out of about 100,000+ "Customers", the results of a group by query came out something like:

Heterosexual: 94000
              Homosexual: 300
              Bisexual: 30
              Prefer not to say : 3,000
              NULL (i.e. no answer given): 3,000

This came as a surprise to me, insofar as being gay is not as prevalent as the press would have you believe, but mainly because it would seem most gays aren't quite so proud when it comes to committing answers to a permanent database.

As an aside, there was just the one registered transsexual.
              Well I wouldn't put my sexual orientation on any database. Ditto religion.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Well I wouldn't put my sexual orientation on any database. Ditto religion.
                You are one of the 3,000 who didn't answer or would have liked to answer - "NOYFB".
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Seems like the whole Gay scene has become a bit meh & not sure given the spate of recent legislation if there is any more "equality" to fight for - certainly attitudes in the general population have changed and now who really gives a sh*t about individual lifestyles

Wondering why London keeps funding this to the tune of £500,000 and corporates keep providing sponsorship for what has become a non-event
                  Not heard of the pink pound then?

Until recently when it became easier to have children without a partner of the other sex, it was realised that gay people had more disposable income so as a business that advertises you may as well advertise to a market with money.

Also Pride Events are tourist attractions like carnivals, so you may as well rip of as many people as you possibly can with your over priced refreshments and knick-knacks.

Perhaps some of the resident pillow munchers would care to explain
                  It just requires a little bit of economic knowledge, which if you run your own business you should have.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why have a Pride parade? Because it's happy and fun.

Gay, if you like.

Who begrudges a day of niceness in the sunshine?*

(*Apart from the residents, obv...)
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

All harmless fun.

Live and let live.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X