That third runway That third runway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    The beerded one

    EternalOptimist is NOT a disguised employee

    EternalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Castle Saburac
    Posts
    22,444

    Default That third runway

    What's it all about ?

    Are there any limp wristed, shandy drinking, southern gaylords who could give me a quick précis on whats it all abahhht
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

  2. #2

    bored now

    eek is always on top

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    What's it all about ?

    Are there any limp wristed, shandy drinking, southern gaylords who could give me a quick précis on whats it all abahhht
    The locals don't want it at Heathrow as its an insane location. The owners of heathrow (now no longer the owners of gatwick) want it at heathrow...

    Personally it should be at Boris Island with Heathrow used to provide space to expand London (links are already in place) you just need to add tower blocks...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    The locals don't want it at Heathrow as its an insane location. The owners of heathrow (now no longer the owners of gatwick) want it at heathrow...

    Personally it should be at Boris Island with Heathrow used to provide space to expand London (links are already in place) you just need to add tower blocks...
    And immigrants.

  4. #4

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,005

    Default

    It seems daft that there are three small airpoirts for London (4 if you include London Luton), when one hub which is specifically built of the purpose would be better, yes it would be expensive, but no more than HS2.

    Its impressive what LHR can do with 2 runways, 73m passangers a year (third busiest) when most of the others in the top 5 have 4/5 runways already
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  5. #5

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    It seems daft that there are three small airpoirts for London (4 if you include London Luton),
    5 if you include London Oxford Airport.

    Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  6. #6

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108,496

    Default

    Heathrow needs more capacity to get new flights to John Lennon Airport.

    HTH
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

  7. #7

    Super poster

    oscarose is NOT a disguised employee

    oscarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    on the path to righteousness
    Posts
    3,194

    Red face

    Hopefully this won't be needed now and will help save the planet is some small way. The recent increase in global terrorists will no doubt decrease demand further. I've already committed to not fly again (mainly for green reasons) or go overseas (I rather not risk been captured and taken hostage somewhere).

    Better to explore the beauty on your own doorstep.

    one day at a time

  8. #8

    Banned

    FatLazyContractor is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    In NLyUK's knickers
    Posts
    7,799

    Default

    I think the third runway should be exclusively for us rich contractors who use private flights.

  9. #9

    Fingers like lightning

    Chuck has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Live in Devon. Work in London.
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?
    It's true, you do get used to the planes. However it will also bring hundreds of thousands of new people closer to a flight path.

    Perhaps the worst thing of all though is all those planes flying directly over the city. Who in their right mind, with terrorists looking to blow the infidels to pieces, would put more planes over a population centre?

    I'm amazed it hasn't happened already. One man, with a SAM on his shoulder, as a fully loaded 747 takes off to the East, could wipe out thousands.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    34,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    It's true, you do get used to the planes. However it will also bring hundreds of thousands of new people closer to a flight path.

    Perhaps the worst thing of all though is all those planes flying directly over the city. Who in their right mind, with terrorists looking to blow the infidels to pieces, would put more planes over a population centre?

    I'm amazed it hasn't happened already. One man, with a SAM on his shoulder, as a fully loaded 747 takes off to the East, could wipe out thousands.
    they tried it a couple of years ago

    agree its madness.

    they should build a properly designed HUB airport somewhere sensible.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •