• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family members - how do they view you contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He's working on their CRM. He was wondering if he should take their customers off their mailing list once they'd finished their treatment.
    The refer a friend scheme probably requires additional work....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Lets hope you don't keel over tomorrow then!

Live for today, carpe diem and all that tulip
      Can I hope for the opposite?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The refer a friend scheme probably requires additional work....
        I could get you and MF a group discount.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Mine are a nightmare especially my old man. They just don't get why someone would want to only work for 3 months at a time and then sponge off the state the other 9
          FTFY.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I could get you and MF a group discount.
            in MF's case a 'quantity discount?'
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When I was starting out I asked my dad whether I should ditch a safe perm job to go contracting (he was at same place for 30 odd years).
              I was astonished when he said absolutely, go for it, even if it doesn't work out, it won't be your last job....
              I also remember being in the pub with various workies who were friends of friends, they were quizzing me over earnings and the mythical figure of a thousand a week was mentioned, I said that sounds like a lot to me, which they were happy with. No reason to be big time and tell them the truth, although the 911 I got just after that was a bit of a giveaway !

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                in MF's case a 'quantity discount?'
                bulk

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  When I was contracting my wife was terrified and was against it ... until the money started rolling in!

Most of my family were happy for me, I just referred to it as running my own business. My brother in law is now doing an OU course in software because he wants to earn the same money I was on ... because it is just that easy ....

Currently I am poor permie scum but I needed the regularity for family reasons and I actually love this job.

There is a hog roast on Friday and the MD wants me to turn up in armour, sword fight with him and knock him into the river. No one minds me doing sword work and running in armour around the car park, we are brewing beer in the kitchen, the MD found out I was teaching self defence to some of the people here at lunchtimes so he bought us equipment including a company punchbag. The work is interesting and there is not a single person here I do not get on with. There are teams doing everything from writing a compiler, to writing the GUI and I am allowed to chop and change teams if I get bored.

Apart from the 45 minute commute and slightly long hours the place is perfect!
                  I'm just waiting for the Suity Boomed thread now.

Comment

Working...
                  X