• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot no Ashes thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Could be an interesting finish. Very tight.
    Oops!😁 😁
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Some good play to wrap that up. Convincing win for England and on Welsh soil, there will be more than a few Cardiff residents crying in their Brains over that.
      The Welsh fans at the game sounded happy enough.

Wales are officially connected to the England team - it's The England And Wales Cricket Board. A Great Britain team without the Scots.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        The Welsh fans at the game sounded happy enough.

Wales are officially connected to the England team - it's The England And Wales Cricket Board. A Great Britain team without the Scots.
        England and Wales Cricket Board is a political construct as well you know.

Having spent most of the last 12 months working in Cardiff and using a hotel a few minutes walk from the Swalec stadium there is a measure of "anyone but England" present in Wales. It's less than in Scotland, but it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          England and Wales Cricket Board is a political construct as well you know.

Having spent most of the last 12 months working in Cardiff and using a hotel a few minutes walk from the Swalec stadium there is a measure of "anyone but England" present in Wales. It's less than in Scotland, but it's real.
          As I said, the Welsh fans at the game sounded happy enough.

As you well know.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Never got to see too much yesterday. Looking forward to today.

Australia's batting is significantly stronger than England's I believe so they could finish the day on a significant score for few wickets on that pitch.

I still don't believe Cook has a clue what he is doing.
            Love this. Not a scooby
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm making a list.

You hear me?

Comment

Comment

Very quiet in here.

Comment

Listening on the radio... sounds a bit dull (and I like cricket, before anyone makes the obvious joke).
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Listening on the radio... sounds a bit dull (and I like cricket, before anyone makes the obvious joke).
                      Listen to guerillacricket's commentary - that livens up even the dullest of matches.

NSFW so have your headphones in.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X