• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online music stores

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    Yeah, but I'm playing it while you're downloading I want it now LOL
    The iPad app downloads it while it streams (if you ask it to).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      The iPad app downloads it while it streams (if you ask it to).

now you're just showing off

Comment

Well, I was in the process of signing up to apple music, when it started going on about needing to authorise my imac, and I already had 5 things authorised, so de-auth one of those, etc...

So I bailed out at that point and bought some albums on amazon (whichever was the cheapest option, CD or Mp3, as long as the CD included autorip). Seems that autorip doesn't apply to buying used CDs off Amazon, which is fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Spotify for me, £9.99 a month for offline listening.
          This, I've yet to not be able to find anything I wanted.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Most CDs from Amazon come with a free MP3 copy through Autorip... often the CD is cheaper (even with delivery) than the MP3 album so I have a pile of unopened CDs.
            Excellent point. However the Autorip is 256kb/s, shame they didn't go for 320 or FLAC.

I rip to FLAC for storage and then 256kb/s VBR for listening. Don't want to have the discussion but 256 VBR is better than simple 256.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              Excellent point. However the Autorip is 256kb/s, shame they didn't go for 320 or FLAC.

I rip to FLAC for storage and then 256kb/s VBR for listening. Don't want to have the discussion but 256 VBR is better than simple 256.
              I agree, I think they went to match Apple for bitrate, but if I want to re-rip at least I have the CD, unlike those with just the download.

Comment

Working...
              X