• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipse - on the budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipse - on the budget

Here

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/2015/sum...��-what-shower

IPSE (under different name they used to be called) were very successful at slaying IR35 monster, so now HMRC screwed everybody by "reforming" that "archaic" dividend tax credits, oh how was it was to understand how it works, ffs!

Comment

Ipse?

Here's dipsy

About as useful in representing IT contractors.....

Comment

David Cameron stated in the IPSE magazine that: “The self-employed are a key part of our long-term economic plan for the country.”

It’s easy for the Government to talk the talk but actions speak louder than words. They must not allow that shower at HMRC to dampen the enthusiasm and drive of this vital sector.
        Government mugs IPSE shocker! Who would have thought it. What does your Small Business Minister have to say?

The only hope now is for IPSE to challenge the definition of PSC in court. Stuff what the Select Committee said.

Comment

Yesterday, I was worried that IPSE were pussy footing round the budget so as not to upset politicians, but Chris's post has reassured me that they do recognise the mood of members.

I am particularly heartened to see the reintroduction of the word contractor - no fewer than three mentions.

I don't know whether they will be listened to, but at least I feel reassured for now that IPSE have heard our message.
          Last edited by mudskipper; 9 July 2015, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Yesterday, I was worried that IPSE were pussy footing round the budget so as not to upset politicians, but Chris's post has reassured me that they do recognise the mood of members.

I am particularly heartened to see the reintroduction of the word contractor - no fewer than three mentions.

I don't know whether they will be listened to, but at least I feel reassured for now that IPSE have heard our message.
            It would be interesting to know what the IoD and FSB make of the budget and whether their views are aligned on the matter. I suspect they might now have more in common with IPSE than they used to have with PCG.

Comment

Couldn't see any mention on FSB website when I looked earlier. Will have another look when I get home.

Comment

Couldn't see any mention on FSB website when I looked earlier. Will have another look when I get home.
                Hidden away in a link to their twitter feed.

http://www.fsb.org.uk/pressroom/imag...20reaction.pdf

No mention of expenses consultation, and a passing mention of dividends.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  It would be interesting to know what the IoD and FSB make of the budget and whether their views are aligned on the matter. I suspect they might now have more in common with IPSE than they used to have with PCG.

Budget 2015 live - IoD reaction

IoD - no mention of either dividends or expenses.

Comment

Hopefully its members will get their money's worth.

Comment

Working...
                    X