• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That makes my stomach turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It's not really dangerous though. I'm sitting in an office chair right now-
    Your office chair is not flush with the ground, can be approached from any direction, and is not subject to gusts of wind.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      Your office chair is not flush with the ground, can be approached from any direction, and is not subject to gusts of wind.
      Anyone sitting near Zeity is.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Anyone sitting near Zeity is.
        More likely to be lethal too.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

For the non climbers amongst you, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.

Comment

That makes my stomach turn
            It would take a lot more than that to make YOUR stomach turn MF. I reckon that some heavy plant machinery might be required.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

This happens if you get it wrong.

Nick Cave's son Arthur dies in Brighton cliff fall - BBC News

Comment

That's probably not going to make any of his songs more cheerful.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I walked there last summer and had a peer over the edge. There were bits that looked distinctly dodgy, ie likely to detach.

I wonder how one trains themself out of this fear?
                  No need. I used to hate heights and at one time could not have gone anywhere near the edge. Same with spiders, used to terrify me now I can rescue huge ones in my hand. Phobias tend to diminish as you progress into old farthood.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 15 July 2015, 14:37.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Phobias tend to diminish as you progress into old farthood.
                    apart from phobias about the risk of missing the Archers on the "wireless", or Newsnight
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I walked there last summer and had a peer over the edge. There were bits that looked distinctly dodgy, ie likely to detach.

No need. I used to hate heights and at one time could not have gone anywhere near the edge. Same with spiders, used to terrify me now I can rescue huge ones in my hand. Phobias tend to diminish as you progress into old farthood.
                      Anyone who is afraid of heights need their head looking at, I can stand, sit or even swivel on a unicycle looking up at heights all day.

Depths on the other hand scare the utter tulip out of me...

Comment

Working...
                      X