• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After Osbourne's attack on IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps elections should run every year instead of 5. That would give incentive to the ruling party to stop fooking over people in the 1st year of hoping they will forget it in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Perhaps elections should run every year instead of 5. That would give incentive to the ruling party to stop fooking over people in the 1st year of hoping they will forget it in 5 years.
      Then there would be even more short term thinking...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        They're really Soviet sleeper agents, planted in the 1970s to destroy us all.

HTH
        So The Game was a true story? Nothing would surprise me.

Comment

What a rollercoaster of a thread

Maybe with the 7.5% increase I can be allowed to buy a cup of coffee from the slightly subsidised onsite costa instead of drinking nescrappy gold blend
          Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            Of course it wouldn't but there aren't many that realise that politicians promise the earth and dish out dust after they get to the trough.
            In "Ticket to Tranai" it only takes one

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              They're really Soviet sleeper agents, planted in the 1970s to destroy us all.

HTH
              Wasn't Osborne, Dave born in 70s???

Ah, I see you said planted...

Comment

Over 50% thinking of giving up Ltd and 1 in 5 in the poll thinking about winding up, but you have to wonder how long MVL has left now Gosbo has decided we are fair game it can't be long before that option is shut. It seems to me contracting is set to become a second class citizen game (much like in the US). Not long before your average contractor is Indian, on a low rate, has ambitions to be a permie. Old school contractors will end up overseas or retired/semi retired. This really is a horrible administration of cronyism and old school ties, worse than New Labour IMHO. They are going to end up with less tax that's for sure.
                Last edited by ZARDOZ; 20 July 2015, 14:21.

Comment

I'm seriously looking at going to Australia in the next couple of years. The 7.5% is just the start, every budget it will be bumped up as it makes good headlines 'evil business owners pay more tax, yay' or 'fat cats to be reemed again'

Comment

Working...
                  X